Fisherman's Marine and Outdoor

F
fish face
You know, I have never been to a Fisherman's Marine and Outdoor. However, I will be coming up to Portland I thought I would see what they have. One, I thought they had one in Oregon City. Two, I was surprised at some of the negative reviews mostly complaining about their lack of knowledge and customer service. I'll share my experience when I return from there.

B
Berg03
there is one in oregon city and one on 217 off the greenberg exit.

C
cpeaslee
There is also one in Delta Park. I have always been pleased with the service and staff.

Occasionally, I come across one who is not the same caliber as the rest of the staff...but nothing really off-putting.

O
OnTheDrop
I've been to every sporting good store around the Portland area down to Eugene. Fishermans in OC is one of the best.

P
pinstriper
I spend a fair amount of time and an unfair amount of money at Fishermans in Beaverton, more in the gun section but recently in fishing. Everyone's been very helpful and for all I know, very knowledgeable in the fishing department. I *know* that almost all the guys in the gun department pretty much know what they are talking about. I've never seen them put a hard sell on anyone or throw nonsense at them to make a sale. Call the good to great, with less than league average amount of meh.

P
playhooky
SteelmonKiller20 said:
I've been to every sporting good store around the Portland area down to Eugene. Fishermans in OC is one of the best.

These guys get my money when I'm making those "bigger" purchases. You can generally get accurate info from the guys at the fishing counter if you have questions. BUT.....Don't stare at the check-out girls when you pay [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D
DrTheopolis
fish face said:
One, I thought they had one in Oregon City.

Right across 99E from Clackamette Park. Bring a salmon/steelhead rod with you.

I've never had an issue with the service, but I general know exactly what I want before I walk in the door.

bass
bass
I only shop at the one in Tigard, but I would say that they bend over backwards trying to be helpful. It is definitely my favorite local fishing store although I do also spend some money and time at Sportsman's warehouse, Dick's, Bi-Mart and Cabela's. Hmm, I may have a problem :)

T
troutmasta
Sportsmans on 82nd!

Disclaimer: I was at fishermans today.

P
pinstriper
I've only been to the Sportsmans on 185th, and then only maybe 3 times. I'm just never over that way, and I've kinda forgotten they exist.

Fisherman's, Bi-Mart, Cabellas, Fred's, and Dicks. Probably in that order.

F
fish face
Went today, in Oregon city, and I'm not going to lie I like it. Good sales and it was the only place I could fine double D dodgers. Great sales in wedding rings. Equal, if not better, in boat stuff like rope and cup holders than outdoor sportsman. I live in Salem, so I will be visiting Sportsman more, but I will not rule out Fisherman by a long shot.

By the way Pinstiper, you buy fishing supplies at Fred's? Since when?

P
pinstriper
fish face said:
Went today, in Oregon city, and I'm not going to lie I like it. Good sales and it was the only place I could fine double D dodgers. Great sales in wedding rings. Equal, if not better, in boat stuff like rope and cup holders than outdoor sportsman. I live in Salem, so I will be visiting Sportsman more, but I will not rule out Fisherman by a long shot.

By the way Pinstiper, you buy fishing supplies at Fred's? Since when?

Lead sinkers and swivels are a fungible commodity. If you happen to be there or there's one on the way...they also some of them have refrigerated bait.

K
K406
troutmasta said:
Sportsmans on 82nd!

Disclaimer: I was at fishermans today.
This