New kayak/canoe/raft/pontoon launch at Hagg

B
bernduffy
Hey people who can actually carry, drag or wheel their craft, Hagg Lake has finished a nifty launch by the picnic area across the dam bridge. It's to the left of the restrooms. It involves about a fifty yard haul. Beat the crowds at the ramps. Wish they'd put one of those in the no-wake zone.
Speaking of which...ranger says the burned dock won't be fixed til May. All I can say is they better have it done by summer vacation or there'll be angry mayhem at Ramp C.

T
TimberTodd
That launch will be a great addition.

bass
bass
Thanks BD! How steep is the new launch? Is the slope any different than the ramp C?

B
bernduffy
It seemed to me to be less steep than ramps

Last edited:
bass
bass
bernduffy said:
It seemed to me to be less steep than ramps

Thanks. I will have to check that out when I get around to making my first trip out there this year. Is Hagg still a zoo on the weekends? Last year was the first year I really fished Hagg and I did not start until June. By then there were not too many folks launching at boat ramp C. My son and I would get there around 9am or so and the lake did not seem to get very crowded until around lunch time.

T
Trav
It's a neat little deal. Not much steeper than your average driveway. Inflatables, canoes and kayaks should be easily launched from here. I agree though, they need something like this further up in the no wake zone.

Top Bottom