Tough day

J
jack_king
Oh, no doubt fish were caught over the weekend, just not in the numbers I have personally seen (and experienced) in recent years. It's been a strange year all the way around.

I always have to laugh when I see a boat the size of the Saratoga floating down the river. It doesn't really bother me all that much as long as they are respectful to the bankies, but like I said b4, whateva!!

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah the problem is guys in 20-40k boats are never respectful of bank maggots period. I've been down there and had them snag up my line and cut it. It's no place for boats more than 15' especially when everyone and their mother is down there. Gets worse every year too

F
Fish a holic
I'm NOT going down there, I totally respect bank anglers, I was there once and still like to bank fish in certain situations. My curiosity is the dam, I'd like to figure out how to walk down to get a visual, where do the bankies park and get to the river? Would just like to see what might keep the fish from coming in.

B
bythesea
Fish a holic said:
I'm NOT going down there, I totally respect bank anglers, I was there once and still like to bank fish in certain situations. My curiosity is the dam, I'd like to figure out how to walk down to get a visual, where do the bankies park and get to the river? Would just like to see what might keep the fish from coming in.

1st-tyree campground park and pick a spot. be more then happy to show ya all the spots...2nd-as for the dam last year my curiosity got the best of me also.so first I googled (maps) 97439 florence zip code and zoomed in on the river anyway I went on a nature hike (stupid) it was like going elk hunting in buck brush..I did make it though it's awsome down there camp grounds ,tables it's nice.but I guess it's all closed to the puplic now???...maybe that's why it's so nice down there.There's two roads one is right off 101 about 1/4 mile past the siltcoos river bridge you can pulloff the hwy and walk up too the road.the only thing is is that I'm not sure if your supposed to walk down that road or not?? use your own discretion..the other is (I was just told)take the siltcoos beach exit the 1st road to the right will take you there.you have to walk it....at any rate it's a really interesting place to check-out...

Last edited:
F
Fish a holic
Thanks I need to go on a field trip with out the boat. The wife loves old town anyway.

J
jack_king
The dam, and the area around it is pretty cool, but it is posted "no trespassing", at least at the gate from hwy 101. If it were me, I'd stick with google earth.

As for walking in from Siltcoos Recreation Area, good luck with that:lol: