New river zone app

T
thompiil
If anyone is interested, I just created an app that displays every river zone in the State of Oregon called out by the ODFW. I got tired of trying to remember what zone I was in after bouncing around so I developed an app that pulls it up for me on my iPhone automatically. No more trying to read the small print on those printed papers, or even trying to remember where I put the thing. It isn't officially recognized by the fish & game but it works. I also added the PDFs for the regs and the zones in case I didn't have service. It's free for iPhones at the app store. Do a search for simCR, hit enter and it should come up. Would love to get some feedback on it from someone else using it. It's pretty cool to be on the river or driving over one and have the zone pull up. Not that I'm checking my phone while driving of course.

troutdude
troutdude
Raincatcher; this may be a job for your Cyberblaster.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Thanks for your concern, troutdude. I don't see anything to zap here, though. He isn't selling his app, it's free. Hopefully it will be available for more phones than iPhone eventually. It sounds like it would be helpful out on a river.

T
thompiil
Raincatcher said:
Thanks for your concern, troutdude. I don't see anything to zap here, though. He isn't selling his app, it's free. Hopefully it will be available for more phones than iPhone eventually. It sounds like it would be helpful out on a river.

Hey…not trying to sell anything here. Just an app for something that drives me nuts so thought some other folks might like it. If there is enough interest, I'll cover off the Android too.

Thanks.

S
sapo
Ya thompill I checked out the app its nice! It's looks pretty useful and the UI is pretty good, app looks nice overall.

troutdude
troutdude
OK. Thank you. When I Googled it...I only found junk links. I'll try it again.

P.S. Thanks for sharing Thompiil.

P
playhooky
thompiil said:
Hey…not trying to sell anything here. Just an app for something that drives me nuts so thought some other folks might like it. If there is enough interest, I'll cover off the Android too.

Thanks.

Android app would be welcomed here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

M
montym
Are people still using iPhones?☺Sounds like a very handy app.

B
bagold53
playhooky said:
Android app would be welcomed here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk/

thought this was funny. requesting an andriod app from an Ipad.

P
playhooky
Probably does perhaps seem kinda funny but it's just the way things go. My first and only smartphone happens to be a Samsung Galaxy (Android). Then later on along comes this nice gift from my beautiful wife......an iPad...... which usually stays home when my river gear leaves the house. Therefore a river zone app would be very welcome for Android. That's my story and I'm stick'n to it !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T
thompiil
Thanks everyone. I'm working on a couple of things...Washington Rivers too for those that bounce back and forth. I'll check into the Android part of it and see what I can do. Let me know how it works for you on the rivers if you get a chance. Appreciate it.