Molalla River State Park

N
nimzrock
I took a 2 year vacation from chrome to hone my fly fishing and digital photography. Today it all came back as I dusted off the big rods and started up the trail to cast for steelhead. Now mind you the vacation also let me forget the correct path once inside the woods. Long story short ,I missed the mouth by quite a bit, but there is a new trail cutting east. I had one nice bump and grab and had a fat bass come out of the water as I lifted my pink worm. A great day trail blazing and laughing at myself.

Reactions: rogerdodger
M
Modest_Man
Pink worms are considered bait - and there is no using "bait" on the Molalla right now. Stupid rule I know. Be careful.

It's also way easier to get to the mouth from the other side of the river.

N
nimzrock
Wow ! I had no idea, and I thank you for the education. I started off with a jig under a bobber , and after about a dozen casts , i managed to hook the only bush in the water. That is when i picked up my other rod and bounced the pink plastic worm. Again thank you and will stick with jigs and hardware on the Mo.

N
nimzrock
I actually live closer to that (south side) access and changed my mind at the last minute.

M
Modest_Man
I'd love to float a pink worm through there for some big native winter steelhead. I'd also like to see bait in the fall for the coho run. I'm working on getting it changed, we'll see.

I fished up at the Cedars for a few hours Monday and didn't touch anything.