Loving the pre season bass fishing in the Willamette zone!

Fishwhisperer44
Fishwhisperer44
I took my son out yesterday hoping to catch a few before the bulk of the storm hit. we didn't catch a lot, but the ones we got were quality.
IMG_6178.JPG6.74 lb fish IMG_6173.jpg 4.22 lb IMG_6174.jpg5.95 lb

I went out a couple of weeks ago and managed another out of the same area
IMG_6063.JPG8.05 lbs on a stren scale

can't wait for spring to get in full swing!

hobster
hobster
Nice fish! I haven't bass fished much since i was a kid but i've heard the big ones bite earlier in the season, looks like it might be true.

B
Billamicasr
Very impressive! WOW!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
excellent, nice fish!

bass
bass
Wow! Great job getting out there and finding a quality bite.

Do you mind saying how deep the fish were and what the water temp was? Curious as to how active the fish were. Were you fishing slow or fast?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Fishwhisperer44
Fishwhisperer44
Water temp was 56. I was catching those fish in 6ft of water adjacent to deep water. The fish are definitely transitioning from winter to spring. I was alternating between two baits, a swim bait and a senko fishing very slow. The fish would just pick up the lure and swim off with it. I never even felt the bite. It has been one of those line watching kind of bites.

H
handmethewrench
fattys!

B
Big3d
You're a beast! I'm gonna have a week off in April, we'll have to go hit some of those hawgs!

T
Throbbit _Shane
Very nice fish!!!

Iv got one bass so far this year and it was on my first trip. Skunked 4 times since lol.

J
Jdangler xD
Throbbit _Shane said:
Very nice fish!!!

Iv got one bass so far this year and it was on my first trip. Skunked 4 times since lol.
some nice smallmouth action recently too ;)

Fishwhisperer44
Fishwhisperer44
Really??? The Willamette start producing?

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Dang. Wow, super. I'll pitch on gas, lol.

Cheers.

M
McCloud
Wow, beautiful fish! I haven't bass fished since leaving Texas in 1975 but this year I am going to get back into it!!! I've missed it, have done very little fishing for that matter but now that I'm retired I'm going after some bass, sure would love to catch some like the beauties you posted! Hopefully there's some around the Portland area. This is my 1st post btw, new to the forums. Nice work catching those!!!

Fishwhisperer44
Fishwhisperer44
Welcome to the forum mccloud.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Daaaamn. I approve of this message!!!

M
McCloud
Thanks!

Thanks!

Fishwhisperer44 said:
Welcome to the forum mccloud.

Thank you Fishwhisper! If I catch a bass half the size of your big ones I'll be a happen fisher!