Tough day

F
Fish a holic
Fished today, but no luck, didn't see anything caught. We need rain in a big way. Hopin to meet some other OFFer's but didn't recognize any.

B
bythesea
I banked the river for 3 hours (nothing) didn't see a single roll.nobody catching,, the dam opened yesterday afternoon and from talking to the other bank fisherman nothing's been grabbed from that river since it started moving again.!!!

Last edited:
F
Fish a holic
Where do people bank fish? Never seen anyone except at the docks of Ada.

E
eugene1
Hopefully this weekend's rain will help. maybe we will get out there on sunday? thanks fof the report, fish!

Out,

E
eugene1
Fish a holic said:
Where do people bank fish? Never seen anyone except at the docks of Ada.

siltcoos river is a good bank spot... It is also navigable by boat and really cool scenery if you haven't checked it out!

F
Fish a holic
With a 20' boat? I hear it's narrow, could I turn around?

E
eugene1
Fish a holic said:
With a 20' boat? I hear it's narrow, could I turn around?

Didn't know you're rig is so big. maybe the river is good for boats 16' and under? There was some trees in the way last year so maybe stay out of it fish? Lots of other water to hit with a boat your size tho.

Later,

F
Fish a holic
Thanks backin up with a jet can kill some time, what do you fish out of?

Anybody catch any today on the Silt?

E
eugene1
I'm in a 15' smokercraft with an outboard prop. It can get down the sliltcoos river to the dam OK, but depends on the trees. I haven't gone down that far this year though. You can for sure troll down river for a bit though,there are some big pools in there that even your 20'er can do a 180 in. I like to give the bank guys some room to fish if I'm troling in there.

F
Fish a holic
Think if it keeps rainin till Sunday we'll get fresh fish?

D
DYJ
I'm hoping so, we're gonna be over there Sunday

B
bythesea
eugene1 said:
I'm in a 15' smokercraft with an outboard prop. It can get down the sliltcoos river to the dam OK, but depends on the trees. I haven't gone down that far this year though. You can for sure troll down river for a bit though,there are some big pools in there that even your 20'er can do a 180 in. I like to give the bank guys some room to fish if I'm troling in there.

yeah,a 15' can make it but that can even be tight I've watched boaters bang into the trees on the last corners before the bridge especially if their by themselfs but 20' no way unless it's a beater.not really worth it though since ho's are off limits west of 101.be a nice yakers cruise though.

B
bythesea
DYJ said:
I'm hoping so, we're gonna be over there Sunday

better be there @ dark thirty if you want to park.I'm going if I can get the wife to go.and get up early enough.in a green fish-rite gimmy a shout,,,,,FISH-ON!!!!

F
Fish a holic
I'm gonna save the gas money but let me know how it goes. Good luck

G
GDBrown
Fish a holic said:
Thanks backin up with a jet can kill some time.....

If my buyer doesn't come through on my "Little Blue Drifter" maybe you and your son could float it with a 12 foot drift boat????? It would be safer than a Pontoon boat for him to learn in.

Search for thread on "Little Blue Drifter" to see what I've done with it.... again.

GD

J
jack_king
I've seen 22+' boats on the river, which seems a bit crazy to me, but whateva!! The river to the deadline is well suited for 14-17 footers.

I fished the river for three hrs after the dam opened on Thursday, and while I saw a few roll, I witnessed none caught. On Friday I fished from daylight until the dam closed and again. There were a few rolling but I only saw one caught and one jack lost.

My theories are as follows: Either there are no fish this year and we are all wasting our time, OR the fish are all stacked up out in the ocean waiting for some much needed freshwater.

T
Thuggin4Life
there are scattered fish you just have to put in the time. its a wierd year for sure though.

C
CoastieFlo
we need a lot more rain

J
jack_king
SUPPOSED to get up to 2.5" Wed-Thur. Let's hope!!

J
JeannaJigs
first off...fish were caught in the river this weekend...second off, don't be the shirthead taking a 20' boat down that slough, totally not respectful of the locals fishing from the banks and the guys in pontoons. Oh and this week more trees came down so there's a lot more downed trees making it way less navigable.

Fish have been coming in, but they're not wasting time milling around the lake with this late season rain, they're freaking out and just shooting up as quick as possible. If you go to the creeks they spawn in, they are STACKED.