Question on slip bobbers

M
montym
I am bank bound, so I usually try to make do with at most 2 rods when I am out fishing. I hate it when I need to cut the line to take out the bobber to use a spoon or a spinner. Could not really find any options to avoid it when I checked online, so I came up with this set-up.

rig.jpg

I tried it out at Hagg last weekend, worked just fine for me so thought I should share. Snap the bobber off, take out the leads, snap in a spoon and you're set. The pic does not show the bobber stop, it is up there somewhere. The line through the bobber is tied to a small bead at the other end.

Please do let me know if you have other suggestions. Next time I go out I will add the sinker like this, and probably come back and tell you how many got snagged.

Cheers
Monty

M
montym
Honest, I do not know how it works. Searched online also right now, but it seems to me I would need to cut the line to switch between the bobber and a spoon. This, pardon me if I am wrong, would probably need to be fixed with the attached bands to the line, I need something that slips on the line.

Cheers
Monty

T
troutmasta
The bobber slides, the band can slide over a swivel and the bobber would just fall OFF as the bands hold it on.

Maybe this will help bf7305ee320c2a7f650fe80222f85e52.jpg
Either or
Cheers!

M
montym
Thanks Troutmasta, I'd definitely check this one out next time I am at the store. Less chances of scrambled lines with this compared to my rig I reckon.

Cheers
Monty

Chromatose
Chromatose
Some Friends of mine use these
500-0.jpg

Good Luck!

hobster
hobster
I was going to suggest those also. They work great and you don't even have to run the line through the top if you don't want. Just pop it on tie up a jig and you're ready to go.

D
DonF
I'd cut the line at the top of the swivel and only one swivel. How long does it take to tie on a new bait?