Steelhead landing net - Ego brand

B
Billamicasr
Visited Dick's Sports today and they had the EGO Large size landing net on sale at $29.95. I couldn't pass it up, I had almost bought it at twice that price a few weeks ago. The specs on the net say it floats and the hoop is 19x21 by 24" deep made of black rubber which will stretch up to 1.5 times it's size. The 36" handle would be a bit short for a drift boat, but should work fine in my pontoon or kayak.

On the end is a foam grip that feels like it was made for my hand and at the net end is a large well constructed plastic handle to help give leverage. They give the net a 30 pound rate capacity... I figure that should be good for anything I hope to catch in the Santiam or the McKenzie this summer.

I would have preferred a net that's just a little bigger, but in this non-slider series the Large is as big as it gets. The next net I'm looking at is their S-2 Slider XL with its extension handle. The XL can be bought with the 29" handle that extends out to 60 inches. The hoop is 24"x27" and 38" deep. I've not yet laid eyes on one and don't think I'll order until I can handle one in person. That one will run $110.00 unless I could find one on sale somewhere. Interesting products; they are made by Adventure Products Inc

Anyone use the EGO net brand? Do you have a slider model?

Bill

O
or_angler
I have the 29" handle S2 slider model with 22" hoop. Successfully landed several steelhead including a 30+ in long one. Like the portability of the net and only downside is the net can untwist from the screw handle but doesn't happen that often.

B
Billamicasr
Thanks for the comments or_angler. If you happen to read this where did you find your EGO net?
I'm new to OFF (Oregon Fishing Forum) as well, but allow me to be the first to say welcome!
Where is home base for you?

O
or_angler
Thanks for the greeting. I got mine from Amazon last fall. Seems like more local Portland stores have them now including Sportmens, Dicks, Cabelas and a Fish-Field.

B
Billamicasr
Thanks for the answer; I had not considered Cabela's. I've got some of the Cabela's buck to spend from their credit card program, I'll see what they have.