Why does everyone think the winter run is done??

S
Steelheader4Life
It's been anything but done for my drift boat and fishing buddies. The fish still have to come in low water or not and we've been averaging 6-10 hook ups per trip since the low water. You just have to adjust to the conditions. Where you fish, how big your offering is, leader size, weight, etc. Come on people it's still March and it's just getting good in my opinion! But go ahead and stay home and leave the fish for me!! I really don't mind at all :)

S
sapo
Are the fish getting dark? I don't think it's over, I'll probably head out soon. What river(s) you hitting?

S
Steelheader4Life
We are only getting about one dark/down river fish per trip. I've heard a lot of people saying they are hanging their hat up for the year. I've been drifting some north coast rivers.

A
Aton
Not everyone is a stones throw from Hebo. Some systems had (have) better returns than others. FACT!

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Other things to do I got my 2 10 plus lb steel this year and I am drywalling my ceiling and the surf perch are starting to bite don't take it personal!

S
Steelheader4Life
Aton said:
Not everyone is a stones throw from Hebo. Some systems had (have) better returns than others. FACT!

That is true! :)

J
JonT
Why not just like the idea of people thinking the run is over when you and I both know it isn't?

O
OnTheDrop
Far from over.... I'll stop my coastal trips around April 10th-15th, about the time where we start hooking more down-runners...

Keep up the good work,

J
Jordy
These conditions are approaching ideal. Low pressure, great weather and fish coming in everyday.

N
Native Fisher
Not every system is the same, many rivers are done, with the exception of wild fish anyway. I don't have a lot of hope for a fresh hatchery fish in my home waters, however we should have good numbers of wild fish just starting to show up.

S
Steelheader4Life
JonT said:
Why not just like the idea of people thinking the run is over when you and I both know it isn't?

I do like it but I was just giving a couple of my buddies a hard time for calling it quits. They know who they are!

S
Steelheader4Life
Native Fisher said:
Not every system is the same, many rivers are done, with the exception of wild fish anyway. I don't have a lot of hope for a fresh hatchery fish in my home waters, however we should have good numbers of wild fish just starting to show up.

Wild fish are just as fun if not more fun! :)

N
Native Fisher
Steelheader4Life said:
Wild fish are just as fun if not more fun! :)

Wild fish should be left alone unless you plan on keeping one.

J
Jordy
Native Fisher said:
Good for you!!!

S
Steelheader4Life
Native Fisher said:

Haha! That has to be one of the funniest thing I've ever read on this site! How do you keep the natives from biting when there's a mix of native and hatchery fish in a system? There's a thing called C&R and there are a lot of systems that are basically a wild run only. I like to fish up high on a certain river and it's basically 99% wild fish up there. Does that mean me and all the other people I see fishing up there are doing something wrong? Your statement is kind of an oxymoron.

T
troutmasta
Call it prior restraint, but lets keep this civil.

S
Seahawkfan
troutmasta said:

Good call!

S
Steelheader4Life
troutmasta said:

I apologize. I just didn't understand his comment to leave natives alone unless you are going to kill one ;)