Rapid below lower ramp at McIver State Park

V
VertolNut
The first time I shot this on my own last year I was a bit nervous. I had done the stretch from Barton to Carver numerous times and heard all sorts of stories about this stretch. I could find videos on line for the minefield below the upper boat ramp but never this stretch. So yesterday I took the opportunity to film a boat shooting the rapid before I went through with my boat. They did a great job keeping to the right to avoid the rock half way down. Of course, a video of a rapid doesn't mean it always looks like this. So as always, walk a rapid you aren't sure about. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iGNkkn9unk

Reactions: brewer
B
Billamicasr
Looks pretty easy to skirt the bad stuff once you know where it is; thanks for the video. I saw something else in the video that I had not considered. I've never used an outboard on a driftboat, in your video it is easy to see how much it makes the boat do the hobbyhorse motion; I'd never stopped to notice it before. I'm guessing if you got caught in a suck-hole that outboard could cause some trouble.
I've got to get a waterproof camera.

B
Berg03
I did that stretch on my inflatable pontoon boat. It was pretty fun, a little sketchy at times but nothing to bad.

B
brewer
Thanks for sharing. I just got a drift boat last year. It has been fun to learn kudos for taking the time to share this.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Thanks for the video. Like B03 I've done it with my 'toon, not sure if I'd take my DB.