Has anybody tried this yet?

N
natro
I had never tried making my own pizza, so I figured I'd give it a try, but I wanted to try to maybe make a healthier pizza (If that's actually possible). So I bought one of those Boboli wheat pizza crusts, some sauce, some turkey pepperoni pizza slices (70% less fat) and turkey bacon. I had just BBQ'ed some steelhead. So I went home and put the pizza all together, including the steelhead, some shredded chicken and cheese on the pizza. I used about a half a steelhead fillet on the pizza. I have to say I was pretty suprised and it turned out pretty darn good. Has anybody else tried this? Also, has anybody tried putting slices of bacon on their fish fillets when they cook their fish? A family friend mentioned that they do this, so I gave it a try and now I do it everytime I BBQ fish. Anybody else tried this?

Reactions: lilsalmon
S
Spydeyrch
I have not tried it. But just by your explination, it sounds mighty good!! Made my mouth start to water!!! Bacon is pretty good with a lot of things taht one might not think about.

For example, there is a little shop up here in the PDX area called VooDoo Doughnuts. They have an arrangement of different crazy style doughnuts. One of them is a chocolate or maple covered doughnut with strips of bacon on it!!!

Sorry to get off track. :lol:

Sounds like you had a really good home-made pizza. Congrats. :clap:

-Spydey

Reactions: bigsteel
W
waco
That sounds good!!! You can put just about anything on pizza!! one time we made venison pizza it was delicious!!

W
wozniasm
It sounds great! Have you ever tried Bar-B-Q pizza?
I get fresh dough from Trader Joes, roll and flatten it out and then on a medium grill heat, cook one side.
Pull it off and you flip it over, add your topppings on the cooked side then return it to the grill and close the cover.
Cook till the toppings are hot. Make sure you watch the heat so you don't burn the dough!

N
natro
waco said:
That sounds good!!! You can put just about anything on pizza!! one time we made venison pizza it was delicious!!

Now that sounds good.

Reactions: bigsteel