ABC average morning?

U
UOFan714
Hi All,

I've fished Alton Baker Canals a few times with no luck - even the night after it was stocked! I'm thinking about heading out in the AM (7-8) in the next few days, and I am curious if you all have had luck here even with the last stocking time about a week behind.

Depending on how slow it usually is, I may just wait until next weekend. I would really appreciate any insight!

S
sapo
I've never fished it, but if you've fished it recently after it was stocked, you may have been fishing the wrong area or fishing a strange rig. What setup were you using?
And everywhere I've fished, I can usually pull out 2-4 fish for about a week or two after it was stocked, so it should still be good. I even hook up with big trout months after the last stocking at overfished lakes, so it shouldn't be very slow.
What setup were u using?

Casting Call
Casting Call
UOFan714 said:
Hi All,

I've fished Alton Baker Canals a few times with no luck - even the night after it was stocked! I'm thinking about heading out in the AM (7-8) in the next few days, and I am curious if you all have had luck here even with the last stocking time about a week behind.

Depending on how slow it usually is, I may just wait until next weekend. I would really appreciate any insight!
GrampRon Knows. Tony

Last edited:
U
UOFan714
Thanks for the replies guys.

Sapo -- I fished the narrow canal between the road bridge and the footbridge closest to the pond directly adjacent to the willamette. I also fished in the big pond near the north parking lot, also pretty close to the willamette. I saw a few others catching fish, even the the narrow canal! I started out using a carolina rig with a 6" and then a 24" leader. I tried power eggs, powerbait and salmon eggs.

In the canal I was using a simple green spinner.

troutdude
troutdude
Try tossing and retrieving Thomas Buoyant spoons.

hobster
hobster
Casting Call said:
GrampRon Knows. Tony

Was gonna say the same thing. Maybe shoot him a quick pm?

U
UOFan714
I'll shoot him a PM.

I went out this morning from 7-8, didn't get anything but the birds had some luck!

C
coyo7e
The stockers go crazy at daybreak so get there before sunup. I use a Carolina rig with 2 power eggs. You might also try junction city pond.

U
UOFan714
I think i'll give it another go tomorrow, I'll try the power eggs. Appreciate the suggestions.

F
flocaster
Heading out soon to try my luck at ABC. I'll let you all know how it went tonight

T
troutmasta
coyo7e said:
I use a Carolina rig with 2 power eggs.

Bingo! trout killer.
bi555g.jpg