So is Hagg Lake open????

C
CESAR503
they are suppose to stock hagg lake this week but is it open till march???

B
Berg03
they always stock it a week or two before opening. Let the fish move throughout the lake. Not open until first weekend of march

S
SailCat
From tonight's TGF newsletter: "The official re-opening of Henry Hagg Lake in Scoggin Valley is March 7th although I found this note to visitors on the Washington County website: "Although the park remains open during the winter months, limited services are available at Henry Hagg Lake and boating during the winter months is at your own risk.""

troutdude
troutdude
Directly from the ODFW reg book (this isn't rocket science):

Henry Hagg Lake
(Washington Co.)

Closed Jan. 1 - March 6
and Nov. 23 - Dec. 31.

Open March 7 - Nov. 22

D
DrTheopolis
SailCat said:
boating during the winter months is at your own risk.""

Does that mean they assume liability for boat accidents the rest of the time?

Dumb statement.

S
SailCat
I agree, DrT, but I'm just the messenger. ;)

P
playhooky
DrTheopolis said:
Does that mean they assume liability for boat accidents the rest of the time?

Dumb statement.

I boat at my own risk year round.....yes, even in the winter!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

F
FishOn420
I don't know why it would be closed. I went there on Tuesday because it was beautiful outside and there were a few other people there. We didn't do any fishing though. Just took the dog out and let him run around for awhile and enjoyed a nice walk. There were a few other people out and about on the lake and we saw one boat out as well. Maybe you just can't fish it right now?

troutdude
troutdude
If you fish it now; you will be fishing illegally...and it is patrolled, by Washington County Sheriff's Deputy's (and I even met the Sheriff, on opening day last year, who was in plain clothes).

B
Berg03
Hagg lake is open during the winter for pretty much everything BUT fishing. March 7th is the day it opens. and there will be no lack of people there. Usually have to get there early for a good spot. Or bring your toon like I do :)

bass
bass
Sounds like the correct answer is that until March 7th it is open for swimming but not fishing :)