Close call on the Cowlitz

E
eggs
I get it man, that's why I was taking your first hand account and just explained why my thoughts were the way they were.. I know how boats and rivers work as well, I am far from an 'armchair fisherman'. If you don't get and understand my thought process after I spell it out, I am sorry and don't know what else to do than leave it rest.

S
Slick
nwkiller said:
well anyone gasses past me like that is gonna hear about!.....no matter what river, fishing skinny water doesn't have to be sketchy, do it all the time.....and im always in alittle boat with $40,000 sleds next to us...they dont do it......
Don't fish here then. Because you will spend most of your time chasing people down so they can "hear about it!". Watch the video again. He's on the opposite side of the boat with his rod. What boat wouldn't think he was fighting the fish on the other side?

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
what i would have done is caught up with them afetr landing the fish and say watch where you are going jerk, and if that person decides to be a smart ass then they take a dunk in the drink.. :lol:

S
Slick
Again, look at the video. I would have made the same choice the incoming boat made given the fact that the river is narrow and he was fishing out the other side of the boat. What else would you expect him to do?

F
FishFearMe2
Yes I think the action is what is key to catching a fish on a wiggler. But if tuned right they all can be hot plugs. My plug box is full of fish catchers.....Roger

S
Slick
Slick said:
Again, look at the video. I would have made the same choice the incoming boat made given the fact that the river is narrow and he was fishing out the other side of the boat. What else would you expect him to do?
Perzactley!

S
Slick
FishFearMe2 said:
Yes I think the action is what is key to catching a fish on a wiggler. But if tuned right they all can be hot plugs. My plug box is full of fish catchers.....Roger
You should sell those specially tuned plugs for $20 or so. I'm sure you could get it.

F
FishFearMe2
Slick said:
You should sell those specially tuned plugs for $20 or so. I'm sure you could get it.
Ha! I have discovered a technique to slow the action down and to keep them from darting from side to side.....Roger

S
Slick
FishFearMe2 said:
Ha! I have discovered a technique to slow the action down and to keep them from darting from side to side.....Roger
That's what I'm talkin bout! Roger's specially tuned wigglers. Hand tuned! You could make a fortune!

R
rippin fish lips
Slick said:
No, he had to gas it to avoid hitting me or him. The current is fast, fast right there.

Yeah, i was gunna say, when your heading down rivier in fast water with a narrow seem Throttle is needed to turn quick and glide across the water. Yes he was close but in my opinion he did the right thing by throttling up to dodge the fish and you and slick.

N
nwkiller
rippin fish lips said:
Yeah, i was gunna say, when your heading down rivier in fast water with a narrow seem Throttle is needed to turn quick and glide across the water. Yes he was close but in my opinion he did the right thing by throttling up to dodge the fish and you and slick.

ok...........

S
Slick
If you look at the video one more time you will see that the incoming boat was paying extreme attention to what was going on. He was coasting through between us because Roger had his rod out the other side of the boat. When he saw Roger swing around to his side was when he really throttled up to try to stay out everyone's (and the fish's) way. If you listen you can hear the boat coming at :04 and hear him feathering the throttle as he approaches, through around :40 where Roger swings around with his rod just as our guy is dead even between us. Someone said that he was powering through the whole time. Musta notta been listening too good!

Go ahead and look at it again and you will see that is what is going on. So you see how if you don't pay attention to these kind of things how you can be totally wrong about what you think happened at first look? People talking about chasing people down and woopin some azz and so on. Don't you feel stu.......not....going.....to......say.....that..........

Last edited:
Reactions: DB Crouper
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Okay...deep, cleansing breaths...in...out...in...out...close your eyes and imagine yourself in a calm,quiet place...you're beginning to relax...in...out...in...out...nice and calm,now...:D

S
Slick
Ahhhh. I feel better. Sorry..............Now I feel stu.....not going there.

Reactions: JeannaJigs
N
nwkiller
I was gonna say a lot of stuff...........

ur so right slick, that captain was truly a professional, everything he did was spot on, oh and where you guys are anchored....perfect job, and the wake that almost knocked the guy off the bow, excellent form........you come to my rivers.......ill.....slow my boat, watch you catch the fish, and clap as you swoop it into the net.

S
Slick
Well NW, I know sarcasm when I see it so I'll just do a quick re-cap. You hear the guy approaching, feathering his throttle, slowing sown to negotiate the traffic. Roger actually looks up river so he knows the guy is coming yet swings around to the other side of the boat when the boat is beside him. The guy is trying to slip through without causing any problems but when he sees Roger swing around, he gasses it in an attempt to get out of the way. It doesn't get much clearer than that. I suppose you think that when Roger swings around with his rod that the guy should just hang out right there and let the fish get wrapped up in his prop and break off?

And I don't know what you are referring to on the anchoring job. A jab at the anchoring seems inappropriate to me as everyone is anchored down the edge of the river, not the middle. So what's with that comment?

N
nwkiller
wow....pretty much was tryin to say we can agree to disagree..........moving on