My first king fall!!!

W
waco
I know you waiting for my report so here it is!! :lol: so I end up not working on monday and instead of going to fish eagle creek and have the whole creek for my self I decided to hit the northwest and give a chance to the coastal rivers to treat me right!! And I had an ok day.
So I got to my target water a little bit after7am and I got my fishing rod and I put togueter my bobber set up and all of a sudden my reel didn't want to work!!:shock: I was so mad I checked my stuff last night and everything was just perfect for a good day on the water but nope :naughty: my reel was against me!! At the point I didn't know what to do :think: I just drove almost 2 hours and didn't want to just go back home and not give a try!! So I got a screw driver from my car and I took apart the reel and couldn't figure out anything wrong so I decide to leave up river and try to find some steelies but didn't find anything only old dark springers so I decide to leave the trask and give a try to the wilson on my way back home and I passed so many good holes but not for my steelhead setup, every time I saw a good salmon hole got mad :mad: then I drove by a real good steelhead hole and surprise :shock: nobody there, I turned around, got out of the car, get my stuff and here was my chance :pray: first I tried some new stuff I made with my fly rod and nothing, after 30 min of nothing all of a sudden fish rolling that got me exited til I remember my salmod reel was broken, then I spotted 2 steelies o maybe were jacks :think: so I got some eggs and I drift it second cast... Nothing 3rd cast felt a bite, I set the hook and nada but I saw the flash, that got me exited :) so I put some more eggs cast against and bam set the hook FISH ON!!! damn what a fight the thing was giving me!!! I really thought I wasn't going to be available to land it and after about 10 min of a hard fight, and stripping line down river and going behind a boulder finally got it at the bank I thought was a coho before landing it but nope:naughty: I got my first king fallie!! I just had to stop and have a break my day was paid off not a huge normal fall nook, but it was a king 25 inch !! There was more fish in the hole!! I saw them but no more fish for me!! I guess was the perfect size for my rod a little bigger and I wouldn't be available to land one!! So no pics I dont have a computer but I have the pic from my phone!!! It seems that I can download pics from my phone to change my avatar so there it is my first king fallie for me!! Not bad!! :clap:

Last edited:
Reactions: DB Crouper
F
Fish-N-Chips
Nice story and nice fish. Did you keep it? Looks like from the pic you are letting it go. Anyway congrats on your first fallie!!

S
spark
Thank you for sharing this.

T
TimberTodd
Sorry you had reel troubles. Frustrations like that can definitly put the damper on the day. Sounds like things worked out well though.
Todd

J
Johnny Southpaw
Congrats on your first fall 'nook! Way to improvise and turn a headache into a productive outing!!!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Awesome! Glad you got your fall fish! They're a lot of fun!

B
bigsteel
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::D

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish man! Congrats.

M
Mad dog
What reel wouldn't work? Was it the Sedona?

Nice fish!

brandon4455
brandon4455
nice fish! fall nooks are my favorite! even though springers cut better :lol:

W
waco
Fish-N-Chips said:
Nice story and nice fish. Did you keep it? Looks like from the pic you are letting it go. Anyway congrats on your first fallie!!
thanks man!! Did I keep it? Hell yeah!!

W
waco
Thanks everybody!! :yay:
Mad dog said:
What reel wouldn't work? Was it the Sedona?

Nice fish!
No I dont own a sedona I have a sienna buy wasn't it!!! the one was broken is a cardiff!! The funny thing is, know seems to be ok!! Maybe the fish was my destiny!! :lol:

W
waco
I'm going back tomorrow to get my second one!! Any one?