Alsea help

brandon4455
brandon4455
with winter steelhead season fast approaching the alsea is one of the coastal rivers within my reach and i would like to throw some flies at winters there this year and my dad would be throwing spinners and spoons, but ive never been there before. can anyone recomend a good area to bank fish on the alsea, or even somwhere i can wade at? thanks for any info or tips on this place been wanting to fish here for a while now will be there starting december. note i like faster water and stuff where i can fly fish. frog water and slow water= no bueno!!

brandon

troutdude
troutdude
Hey bro,

I'll PM you later, with some tips.

And you won't have to worry...steelies won't hang much in frog water anyway. So, you'll be swingin' in the right water.

B
Berg03
Ur taking me right :)

brandon4455
brandon4455
Berg03 said:
Ur taking me right :)

hell yeah dude, but dad says if the car isn't fix he will give you gas money and we could take your car if thats fine. starting december is when we will go

Last edited:
S
skunk
Good luck at it...remember fish all the water :) those babies hold in the weirdest places.

brandon4455
brandon4455
skunk said:
Good luck at it...remember fish all the water :) those babies hold in the weirdest places.
will do skunk thanks for the advice, im really hoping to go all out on winters this year gotta get some more egg patterns before i start!

J
JeannaJigs
troutdude said:
And you won't have to worry...steelies won't hang much in frog water anyway. So, you'll be swingin' in the right water.

on the contrary! Hooked fish in crazy places last year, everyone passes up the frog but those fish are freaks and do hangout in it for sure.

R
RunWithSasquatch
JeannaJigs said:
on the contrary! Hooked fish in crazy places last year, everyone passes up the frog but those fish are freaks and do hangout in it for sure.

I always seem to pick up a fish or two through the season floating bobbers out of the boat in frog water, just off a rock seem or something.

brandon4455
brandon4455
i guess ill just cast everywere and pretend i dont know holding water LOL

troutdude
troutdude
brandon4455 said:
i guess ill just cast everywere and pretend i dont know holding water LOL

After reading all of those other posts, I concur. Your newly found modus operandi ought to work fine.
(modus operandi - a Latin phrase, approximately translated as "mode of operation").

BTW, there's a good stretch of bank opportunity along Clemens Park on the N. Fork (just a bit before you get to the town of Alsea).

brandon4455
brandon4455
thanks td, im hoping to find some good wading or bank areas where i can walk up and down river rather then sit in one slot all day i have adhd i can't sit still unless im in a driftboat, cause im pre occupied hahaha

L
lilsalmon
I want to go to the Alsea....some of the best fish are in the frog water...hehe...I know that personally.

brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
I want to go to the Alsea....some of the best fish are in the frog water...hehe...I know that personally.

maybe we should do a small group trip. you dave,me, my dad and brad.

brandon4455
brandon4455
that would be cool. do a little OFF drift, i would be banking it cause i dont have a drifter but we could do a group trip and the people with boats float the river

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Up at the hatchery there is quite a bit of nice bank fishing. Keep us "posted"...

E
eggs
brandon4455 said:
that would be cool. do a little OFF drift, i would be banking it cause i dont have a drifter but we could do a group trip and the people with boats float the river

If we get enough boats you might not have to bank ;)

troutdude
troutdude
brandon4455 said:
i have adhd i can't sit still unless im in a driftboat, cause im pre occupied hahaha

Yeah, I remember that first time we met and fished together. You disappeared frequently, and kept working that north shore. You left your dad & I high n' dry. LOL

Barb is right, there is bank access below the N. Fork's "holding tanks", and "egg insemination factory". ha ha ha.

If memory serves me, I believe that there is also some bank access below the Hwy. 34 bridge too (which you cross to go up to the hatchery). But, proceed with some caution...it may also be either private property and/or a "pay to fish" stretch.

Good luck to all who may go on that Drift OFF.

R
RunWithSasquatch
troutdude said:
If memory serves me, I believe that there is also some bank access below the Hwy. 34 bridge too (which you cross to go up to the hatchery). But, proceed with some caution...it may also be either private property and/or a "pay to fish" stretch.

100% No Entry Private Property.

Used to be good fishing, but apparently the guy who owns the property got ran off of it while he tried to fish it from some other fisherman. Game over for access after that.

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks for chiming in Squatch...I had a hunch that you'd be able to provide more up to date details.

Those fisherman who tried to run the owner OFF; ought to be tarred n' feathered!

B
Berg03
brandon4455 said:
maybe we should do a small group trip. you dave,me, my dad and brad.

yes please! lol