Sandy River conditions

F
fish4life
Was just wondering if anybody was out on the Sandy today and if the river was blown out. Gauge says it is 10.72 which is fishable level but wasn't sure about visibility. Was thinking about trying it tomorrow. Any info would be very appreciated Jason:):):)

my2labs
my2labs
Update coming

Update coming

Im headed to her today and tomorrow if she looks good. Ill report later.

my2labs
my2labs
Fished it today from 0630-1500. Little lower than I like but definitely fishable. However, I did not get into any nor did I see anyone else.

my2labs
my2labs
Water was low enough for me to cross onto an island and walk down the middle of a riffle. I was finally able to swing some flys on my single hander.. That was fun! Brought me back to the old days....

F
fish4life
Fished it today, lost one fish that was pretty large but dark(broke my line) saw some other fish caught but was not as good as I was expecting with the rain we got. Visibility was good, but a lot of the fish were getting colored up. Hopefully after this next batch of rain will push some fresh fish up.

C
ChezJfrey
my2labs said:
Fished it today from 0630-1500. Little lower than I like but definitely fishable. However, I did not get into any nor did I see anyone else.

The Sandy is like the only steelhead-viable option that looked fishable height this morning, but alas, could not get out today. Bummer.

Glad you were able to give it a shot, despite the lack of success. That adage, "Any day fishing is better than a day..." comes to mind :)

my2labs
my2labs
ChezJfrey said:
Glad you were able to give it a shot, despite the lack of success.

Me too. Gotta admit though..... I'm itchin to tangle with one soon. I ran through my entire vest today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J
JonT
Just drove up the river from L&C to Dabney - still looks in shape. Wish those steelhead had places to hold along the lower river...