Getting lost in a tackle box

C
Camo
This all started when I was wondering if I need a few more plugs and spinners to get me through the summer and into the fall fishing season. Ya' never know if you have enough tackle!
I pulled a few of my old tackle boxes out of the basement and found that I was seriously running out of many essential lures that are a necessity of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

I haven't seen most of this stuff for years….But you never know!
15844161673_7c40029dda_z.jpg

The bass and trout plugs aren't used much anymore. I actually forgot that I have them. I only worry about having enough during summer bass season.
16277980449_5932f76f64_z.jpg

Haven't looked in here in over ten years!
16463295972_e612645543_z.jpg

Sorry for the rant! It's been raining and windy all week. The North coast rivers are all blown out. My wife wants me to muck out the barn and I've got the worst case of cabin fever!

All I wanted was a couple of inches of rain!

Thanks for looking!

:fatigue:

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
:popcorn:

C_Run
C_Run
That looks pretty typical. I've saved a few wheel weights myself.

troutdude
troutdude
Eye spy a Lucky 13 and a few Jitterbugs. Best smallie plugs EVER, IMO. I R Jealous! LOL

This is a great thread idea!

C
Camo
troutdude said:
Eye spy a Lucky 13 and a few Jitterbugs. Best smallie plugs EVER, IMO. I R Jealous! LOL

YES! The Jitterbugs....Or a Hula-Popper at sundown after a humid summer day! A big splash...Then listening to your drag singing and line flying off the spool!

Can't do much with all this rain! The wife is angry cause I never got to muck out the barn today. And it looks like rain until Tuesday!
All the North coast rivers are at flood stage. Even my dogs won't go out for a walk!

:sad:

Fish-On Fred
Fish-On Fred
I need to evaluate my tackle. This may take some time and some space to clarify. Wish me luck!!

troutdude
troutdude
Ha ha. You're dogs must not be native Oregonians. :D

Yes...Hula Poppers, are also DYNOMITE lures! :worthy:

I also noticed a red/white Daredevle spoon too. If that sucka is copper-colored on the reverse side...one of the best lures ever made!!!

T
troutmasta
troutdude said:

Of course Mr. Mayor knows the names :thumb:

I havent been smallie fishing in years.

troutdude
troutdude
troutmasta said:
Of course Mr. Mayor knows the names :thumb:

:peace:

C
Camo
Fish-On Fred said:
I need to evaluate my tackle. This may take some time and some space to clarify. Wish me luck!!

Good Luck Fred!

Me too! I got rods and tackle in every corner of the basement.(and boats too) Never have enough stuff...Just in case of an emergency.

The dogs ? They won't leave the kitchen in the afternoon until my wife fixes them a gourmet snack! Then they will want to get out to gorge on the first pile of elk poop they find.

:stupid:

S
SmallStreams
> and I've got the worst case of cabin fever!

At least you're retired. Try being stuck at work knowing how the Necanicum was in very good shape Mon, Tue, Wed...

C
Camo
SmallStreams said:
> and I've got the worst case of cabin fever!

At least you're retired. Try being stuck at work knowing how the Necanicum was in very good shape Mon, Tue, Wed...

Retirement does have it's drawbacks! Not enough time to fish ALL the time! ( I think I'll buzz down to the Necanicum tomorrow, I hear it's looking real good! )

:)

troutdude
troutdude
Well, I'm getting ready to start my trout season this coming week. So, I finally dug out my trout gear. Looks like I'll have everything that, will be needed. This is about 3/4 of my trout gear.

IMG_2202.JPG

IMG_2203.JPG

IMG_2204.JPG