Excellent crabbing

jamisonace
jamisonace
I hear the reports are fantastic all over the coast. I haven't been for a little while and I'm wondering if anyone has any reports on this forum. I'd like to go somewhere between Waldport and Reedsport for convenience sake. I'm looking to go in the next week or so. Here are some pics from our last trip. We kept one limit on this trip but easily could have kept all three. We threw back at least one limit of keepers and only kept the largest crab. The weather was absolutely beautiful and the bay was perfectly calm as you can see from the picture.
bay crabbing.jpg

Crab.jpg

Oops, wrong pic. The pic of crab is from an earlier trip and we kept two limits I think.

Last edited:
R
RunWithSasquatch
Waldport seems its good to go more than its not. I seen boats with crab pots going by every day.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Good to know. I was hoping Waldport would be good. Any suggestions on campgrounds with RV hookups near there?

RunWithSasquatch said:
Waldport seems its good to go more than its not. I seen boats with crab pots going by every day.

R
RunWithSasquatch
hahaha KozeKove.

There is a trailer park right as you enter waldport, right near the the launch. I am not sure what it is called. alseaalumaweld might know the name.

jamisonace
jamisonace
Thanks for the info guys....If I bring my rod will you put a salmon on the end of it for me??? Hahahaha

Looks like I'll be headed over there on the 11th.

A
alseaalumaweld
thats elk season. id say the river will be pretty open

R
RunWithSasquatch
Yeah, chasing elk... end of that week Ill be looking for salmon again.

E
eugene1
Nice crabs! we tried a combo nook/crab trip on the slaw 2 weeks ago but there were only nate coho for us and the tide seemed to wash our crabs away. I'd sit on your traps and keep them monitored.

S
Slick
Went down to Nahalem crabbing last week and it was tough. Lot's of under size. 19 barely keepers for 5 hours of intense crabbing. Not so good. But all were really full. Heading for the Columbia on Thursday.

Reactions: bigsteel
M
mikeredding
eugene1 said:
Looks like my prop from the willy!

Can't believe that thing is not broken. It looks like an aluminum prop. I hit one crab pot line with mine last year and cracked it.

Reactions: Slick