Cold wind blows at Trillium

Irishrover
Irishrover
My wife and I made it up Trillium today, nice sunny day. Mt. Hood looked a little bare not much snow yet. However I think old man winter was sending a message that he is on the way. The wind kicked up a bit and it was cold, the winter snow kind of cold.
There were two other boats on the lake and we saw one of them pulling pop gear get a double. I managed one stocker on a green wooly bugger and that was it. We only fished from noon to 3pm. After that it was time to head home and fire up the wood stove for a little heat. When we got to Trillium there was ice in the parking lot, it was still there when we left and my guess is it will be there until spring. It was a good day!;)

E
eggs
Very cool! Err cold!

Your crazy for trying to fish up there

Reactions: OnTheFly
O
OnTheFly
eggs said:
Very cool! Err cold!

Your crazy for trying to fish up there
Nothing compared to that March weekend on the Crooked right Mark?

Reactions: eggs
L
lilsalmon
OnTheFly said:

hehe...you both should do that again....I will never forget when we first pulled up.....

L
lilsalmon
Sounds like a very cold day on the water...Glad you both got out together and enjoyed the cold. :D

O
OnTheFly
Those flies should have done the trick. Next time don't leave home without a few Peacock Carey Specials in #10.

M
Markcanby
OnTheFly said:
Just a little ice on the dew flap.

Reactions: OnTheFly
brandon4455
brandon4455
sounds like a cold but good day i would not fish up there this time of year though..thats crazy lol

O
OnTheFly
Markcanby said:
Just a little ice on the dew flap.
Dude.....the reason you only noticed 'a little' ice that morning because while I was up early building a fire you were sleeping in until the sun came up.

Irishrover
Irishrover
It's a little crazy. I've done it once before a few years ago. You would think I'd learn, but remember I missed the whole summer being down in Texas where there was no water it was hot and no fishing. Guess I'm trying to cram it all in before the snow hits. I know I'm not going back this year! If the rain come in I'll start hitting the Sandy.

G
GDBrown
Sounds like you had fun none the less. I recall someone had the bright idea of fishing Harriet in January this year, right. So the first of November shouldn't be that bad. At least the sun was shinning right! :lol:

I think I'll head west again this afternoon and see if I can scare up a nook on the Wilson......

M
Markcanby
Give me a shout some Sat an we can take the your drifter out to one of my larger ponds. The fish aren't that big maybe 30" but there are a lot of them.

E
eggs
Minnow fishing huh?

M
Markcanby