A moment of silence please ........

S
Spydeyrch
Let us bow our heads for moment of silence and respect please as we remember the good times and the bad times. The times with friends and the times with family. And those times when no one was around to see the freakin' awesome trout on the end of our line.

We remember at this time the passing of a good year: the 2011 trout season.

May we always remember you with jovial glee in our hearts, bags under our eyes because of getting up at o'thirty dark, the holes in our wallets and pockets cause we spent money we didn't have, the long hours of fun on the water, the frustration at getting nothing, the stench that follows us home when we find a "skunk" on our fishing trip, the excitement of seeing a trout rise to our flies, to our lures, to our worms.

You will forever be in our hearts. And I think that I speak for many when I say: If only we had one more day with you old friend. If only we had one more day of trout season.

You will be truly missed. (Anyone know how to play TAPS on the computer screen? :think:)

But then again, we always have next year!!!!!! :shock::lol: Hahahahahaha:dance::lol:

-Spydey :D

P.S. This was meant to be comical!!! hahahahahaha:lol:

Reactions: Tribal16 and chris61182
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap:

M
markasd
Dang - another season gone! Time is BLOWIN' by..

L
lilsalmon
I was actually going to put Taps on here but after listening to it, I got sad, thinking of all of our fallen soldiers. So, instead, lets think about the C&R streams that are open all year for trout...yeehaw!!!! And the lakes and ponds.

H
Hendo30
Silence.............................................being observed..........

Irishrover
Irishrover
Not so fast, the still waters are still open. As soon as I finish my coffee and toast the drift boat is being hooked up to the rig and we are headed to Trillium!:) So Mr Trout be there when the Bud lite special shows up or the crystal bugger swims by. This may be the last shot at Trillium as a storm is set to drop snow in the cascades this weekend down to 3000 feet. The sun is nice and bright right now so time to get moving!;)

Reactions: Tribal16
S
Spydeyrch
lilsalmon said:
So, instead, lets think about the C&R streams that are open all year for trout...yeehaw!!!! And the lakes and ponds.

Good idea. Yes, the lakes and ponds are open, but I am not much of a still water kind of a guy. But I guess I am going to have to get used to it cause that is all I am going to get until the beginning of next year. I don't have my s&s tages (salmon & steelhead tags) for this year so I will be confined to lakes and ponds.

-Spydey

S
Spydeyrch
Irishrover said:
Not so fast, the still waters are still open. As soon as I finish my coffee and toast the drift boat is being hooked up to the rig and we are headed to Trillium!:) So Mr Trout be there when the Bud lite special shows up or the crystal bugger swims by. This may be the last shot at Trillium as a storm is set to drop snow in the cascades this weekend down to 3000 feet. The sun is nice and bright right now so time to get moving!;)

Go get'um IrishRover!! That should be sweet up there. I bet there won't be too many people.. Just make sure tha tyou are safe and watch out for those weeds!!

Take lots of pics. :D

-Spydey

S
Spydeyrch
markasd said:
Dang - another season gone! Time is BLOWIN' by..

Ahem ....... I believe the correct phrase would be "Time is flying by". As in elk hair caddis, october caddis, PMD, BWO, salmon fly, stimulator, etc etc. Flying by, flying by...... :lol:

Just messin' with ya. :D

But yes, time sure went by fast. It feels like only yesterday that I got my first fly rod, totally and completely excited!!! Then reel, lines, flies, boxes, more flies, vest, net, waders, boots, more flies, broke my first rod, got my replacement rod, got my second rod, got a lot more flies, etc etc etc oh, and got some flies!!

Yes siree, time sure went by. But I can't wait for next year and like lilsalmon and irishrover stated, there are always the ponds and lakes to curb the withdrawl symptoms from the addiction. hehehe :lol:

Take care man.

-Spydey

brandon4455
brandon4455
man this really sucks although im sure ill be on year round waters atleast once i will be confined to small ponds and lakes majority of the time. come late april it's game on, and ill be ready.. ill be chasing some winter steel of course but still, why does trout season have to end :(

Last edited:
H
hookbait
And a great season it was. I only wish those year-round c&r waters were abit closer to home. But on the other hand, I've got excellent steelhead/salmon water 45 min from my doorstep, so I can't complain too much.

G
GDBrown
Spydey,

Just give me a shout when you want to get out on the stillwaters...... I have a boat built of two that is perfect on those small lakes that are still open year around.

LostLakeClatsopCounty.jpg

It's just sitting here waiting to be used again.

S
Spydeyrch
GDBrown said:
Spydey,

Just give me a shout when you want to get out on the stillwaters...... I have a boat built of two that is perfect on those small lakes that are still open year around.

LostLakeClatsopCounty.jpg

It's just sitting here waiting to be used again.

Nice!!! Sweet drifter there GD!! Thanks for the invite. I will have to do that sometime soon. Perhaps on a saturday. Take care dude.

-Spydey

P
PNW Sam
Awesome boat! I need one of those lol.

S
skunk
Spydey you have to chase steel and kings. Sure trout are fun, but the season is not over, just starting!!! Get a steel on a 7 or 8 wt and you'll forget trout till next spring. Sure a dry fly sipping trout is great, but they don't hold a candle to a hot steelhead!!!

S
Spydeyrch
skunk said:
Spydey you have to chase steel and kings. Sure trout are fun, but the season is not over, just starting!!! Get a steel on a 7 or 8 wt and you'll forget trout till next spring. Sure a dry fly sipping trout is great, but they don't hold a candle to a hot steelhead!!!

Hey thanks shunk! I would love to get out and get a steelie or a salmon on the end of a fly rod. I have been debating and researching which rods to get. There really are only two issues currently for me to go Steelie and Salmon fishing. 1.) I don't have any gear for it 2.) I don't have my S&S tags for this year. I purchased them last year but I decided not to get them this year. I just recently picked up a fly rod at the beginning of this year. So I was getting used to that. I didn't want to overwhelm myself.

But now that trout season is over and I got pretty proficient with my trout rods, I kind of wish that I had gotten some S&S gear and my S&S tags. I don't think that I am going to get my S&S tags for this year. Being as they are $35, I think, and being as I only have two more months left to use them. It wouldn't be worth it to me financially to get them. Plus, that allows me to save up for S&S gear and tags for next year. Plus it allows me to spend some time with my family before I hit the water HARD come Janurary. HEHEHEHEHE :lol:

But we will have to hit up some nice systems come Jan '12. Let me know if you are interested.

Take care man.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Spydeyrch said:
Hey thanks shunk! I would love to get out and get a steelie or a salmon on the end of a fly rod. I have been debating and researching which rods to get. There really are only two issues currently for me to go Steelie and Salmon fishing. 1.) I don't have any gear for it 2.) I don't have my S&S tags for this year. I purchased them last year but I decided not to get them this year. I just recently picked up a fly rod at the beginning of this year. So I was getting used to that. I didn't want to overwhelm myself.

But now that trout season is over and I got pretty proficient with my trout rods, I kind of wish that I had gotten some S&S gear and my S&S tags. I don't think that I am going to get my S&S tags for this year. Being as they are $35, I think, and being as I only have two more months left to use them. It wouldn't be worth it to me financially to get them. Plus, that allows me to save up for S&S gear and tags for next year. Plus it allows me to spend some time with my family before I hit the water HARD come Janurary. HEHEHEHEHE :lol:

But we will have to hit up some nice systems come Jan '12. Let me know if you are interested.

Take care man.

come down in jan ill show you sweet steel water, on another note let me know the next time you are free, maybe do a little trip to some year round waters need trout!!!!!!!!!!