I think I need another box

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Hares Ear Soft Hackle, Peacock & Partridge, Partridge & Orange, Partridge & Green, Partridge & Yellow...

Or tie your own up. You only need 5 elements:

Hook
Thread
Colored Floss
Wire Rib
Soft hackle feather

Buy a few spools of rayon floss - orange, yellow, red, and lime green are good starts
Then buy a package of partridge feathers, or guinea hackle, or you can use mallard feathers - just as long as they're soft and a little webby.
Grab a spool of fine silver wire, and some 6/0 or 8/0 black or red thread, and then your hooks. I like the curved scud hooks or a heavy standard-length wet fly hook with a turned down eye.

The basic soft hackle is the same thing - just changing body material/color. You can use hare's mask fur, peacock herl, ostrich herl, floss, or any other dubbing you want.

B
bigsteel
the_intimidator03 said:
so far bigsteel its seeming that is a good route cause dont soft hackles imitate the upper spectrum of the sub surface?

yep you got it,soft hacklers are suppose to imitate emerging bugs,you want to fish them just below the surface.no need to go deep with them.

S
Sinkline
Looks like plenty of flies to me, but my own fly box is always pretty anemic looking so I may not see the need for lot's of fies. :lol: I'm such a lazy fly tier. :lol:

Randy

M
mrlindeman
The multi page boxes are great! I have a few. The only thing I noticed is that the stimulators tend to get kinda smashed lol. I need a dry fly box and one designated for others.

F
flyguy
Stream flies just added 75 new patterns including 25 salmon and steelhead patterns to fill those fly boxes! Use promo code "Fall5" for a discount!

T
the_intimidator03
i am waiting on your fly box arrival so i can purchase a new one or two lol