Hoover Ponds

M
medco_bass
I was wondering how to get to them, is it totally fine to drive right out to them through the ATV park or do you have to go park by the baseball diamonds? Loved fishing the sports park ponds but they are gone now, :sad: I've heard a lot about them but have just always forgotten about them when I head out.
From what I've heard, the one by the baseball diamonds are better. Thanks!

J
Jay Herb
Have not been to the Hoover Ponds in a long time but I think that you can get to them from the west end, take Hwy 62 to 140 than go about a mile to Lakeview Drive turn right and look to the left and you will see the entrance to the ponds and the ATV area.
Stay on the main dirt/ gravel roads and work your way around to the ponds, they get muddy when it rains.
I used to get some nice bass from the ponds but I haven't fished them in a long time.

M
medco_bass
Thanks!

S
sportsmanlio
Hoover Ponds are definitely still open. I've fished them at least twice a year since 2005, and the one I fish has never been drained. I've caught Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Green Sunfish, Yellow Perch, Brown Bullhead, Black Crappie and in recent years, the Bluegills and Greenies have been hybridizing, creating what is called a "Hybrid Sunfish" (it's real name). Nothing big lately, but lots of fish. I've had two 75+ fish days this year.