Jigs, spoons, or spinners?

M
MissJossy
Going for Winter Steelhead. What's been getting hits?

Any advice helps, its been awhile. Thanks!

-Melissa

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome to the forum,MissJossy. I'll let the more savvy members fill you in on what to toss, it's been way too long since I was able to get out and toss anything for me to give advice. Be sure to check the archives for some very informative reading. Again, welcome.

H
Herefishyfishy
I always bring 3 rods with me.
1 for floating jigs
1 for floating bait
1 for tossing hardware
I seem to do best with jigs.

J
jabs67
Welcome to the forum! I'v seen fish caught on jigs,spoons and spinners this wenter so far. Good luck!!

D
DYJ
Last weekend we had 2 hook ups. One on a black bodied, pink head nightmare jig and the other was on a nightcrawler with a pink fish pill.

J
Johnny Southpaw
What I'm tossing depends primarily on the water temperature and height. If the water temp is below 40 degrees F I pretty much put the hardware up and toss jigs-over 40F and i'm tossing spinners primarily however everyone has their 'go to' style. If the water is low/clear then I downsize accordingly.

K
Kevinb5688
I realky like the jigs, i would say half my fish are on jigs half on spinners. I dont throw spoons at all but they work for some people. Good luck

R
rippin fish lips
I get most of my steelhead on spinners and spoons, how ever, i got about less then half of my steelies drift fighint dime sized clumps of steelhead roe. Fish the spinners and spoons real slow in real cold water!! Jig them in on the retreive if you dont get anything.

You can also try casting a spinner in some slower water and instead of a steady retrieve, "jiG" it off the bottom on the slow retreive, allowing the spinner to come off the bottom 1/2-1foot then let it flutter back down.

N
nwkiller
spinners have been working for me

H
halibuthitman
where are you going, and what part of the river? Bait under a float probably catches more steelhead in oregon every year than anything else-