Brads Wigglers with e-chip

M
mikeredding
Has anyone used Brads Wigglers with e-chip? I did a google search and saw a topic on another forum where someone said that they far outfish the regular ones.

A
alseaalumaweld
idk the e chip thing is just to hook fisherman. brads plugs work good

M
mikeredding
Kinda what I thought too. I have had good luck with the standard wigglers. Just wondering what evryones opinion is if they have used the Echip ones.

A
alseaalumaweld
got a e fish e chip kwick fish i know its never got a hit lol

E
eugene1
They didn't work any better than the regular ones for me. Wouldn't waste the extra $...

A
alseaalumaweld
Wouldn't waste the extra $. whats the price dif?

E
eugene1
alseaalumaweld said:
Wouldn't waste the extra $. whats the price dif?

$2.50

I've had the chip fall off on them also.

A
alseaalumaweld
ya i dont think id buy one with a echip you gota buy 20 plugs to find one that works good its about the action. not color or e chips

N
n8r1
Does anybody troll with Brad's Wigglers? I've only cast and retrieved them, but it seems like they would troll well in deeper water.

A
alseaalumaweld
most poeple usein them are back trolling them or trolling them yes

E
eugene1
n8r1 said:
Does anybody troll with Brad's Wigglers? I've only cast and retrieved them, but it seems like they would troll well in deeper water.

coho love them trolled!

Reactions: bigsteel
Irishrover
Irishrover
I used to find the Magnum wiggle warts quite effective on the John Day for steelhead. Pink, green or blue, no e-chip. Trolled with no weight just tied directly to the line and tuned for a straight troll.

E
eggs
Irishrover said:
I used to find the Magnum wiggle warts quite effective on the John Day for steelhead. Pink, green or blue, no e-chip. Trolled with no weight just tied directly to the line and tuned for a straight troll.

That's what we use trolling for summer steel at the mouth of the Deschutes.. no wieght just straight tuned wiggle wart, Fire Tiger and M. Jackson.

N
n8r1
What about tidewater trolling for salmon? Would you mooch them like a herring, behind a banana weight, or no weight, or something else?

T
Thuggin4Life
great for trolling. how do you think i catch all my coho every season. some colors are better than others. e chip. just a gimic. needs to have the right action with the right color. then theres the luck factor. right place right time and all that.

R
RunWithSasquatch
n8r1 said:
What about tidewater trolling for salmon? Would you mooch them like a herring, behind a banana weight, or no weight, or something else?

I would just flat line them in tide water, they'll dive over 8' deep in the right circumstance.

N
n8r1
RunWithSasquatch said:
I would just flat line them in tide water, they'll dive over 8' deep in the right circumstance.

Cool thanks. If you haven't already guessed, I'm going to be tidewater trolling for salmon pretty soon :D

Something I'm new at so I'm trying to get as much info on different methods as possible, in case mooching herring isn't working.

E
eggs
it depends on your how far out you have them behind you, troll speed and current to get them to dive deeper or shalllower in addition to size of course..

Irishrover
Irishrover
"Something I'm new at so I'm trying to get as much info on different methods as possible, in case mooching herring isn't working. "

You might want to consider trolling spinners such as a Toman classic or Oregon tackle spinner. They work well, better in the upper tide water. It will give another tool in the box. Last week at Nehalem I was trolling herring no action, put on a Toman fire and ice spinner and a chinook nailed it. The wiggle warts aren't really meant for "Mooching" if you mean mooching in the true scense but are great trolled. Best of luck to you hope you slam a big one.

Reactions: n8r1
N
n8r1
Yeah, I have an arsenol of spinners too. Just want to keep as many options open as possible. Thanks!