Quartzville Creek

L
lilsalmon
I am going up to Quartzville Creek tomorrow...was wondering if anyone wanted to tag along, follow along or meet?

brandon4455
brandon4455
would love to but can't just be safe and good luck. give me a call tomorrow or the day after and let me know how you do

T
the_intimidator03
I wish i didn't have class. Need to get out of this little place for a bit. GL out there

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Wish I could go....

Last edited:
T
the_intimidator03
shoot... tomorrows thursday... what time? i got class from 9-9:50

W
wozniasm
Wish I could but 9 hours of work, then 4 hours of a Writing class 6 PM till 10 PM.
My day starts at 4...

L
lilsalmon
Raincatcher said:
Wish I could go....

Aren't you OFF tomorrow? hehe

the_intimidator03 said:
shoot... tomorrows thursday... what time? i got class from 9-9:50

I prefer to be up there earlier but 10 wouldn't be too bad...just makes for later fishing cuz I like to fish.......

T
the_intimidator03
you have PM

L
lilsalmon
the_intimidator03 said:
you have PM

Got it...see ya in the morning

L
lilsalmon
wozniasm said:
Wish I could but 9 hours of work, then 4 hours of a Writing class 6 PM till 10 PM.
My day starts at 4...

4 isn't bad if your going fishing....school? ehhhh :D

Hopefully you can make it Saturday

brandon4455
brandon4455
have fun rose!!

L
lilsalmon
So, I picked up the_intimidator03 this morning and we headed out. Quartzville was very, very low but we gave it a try. The first spot, which is normally a favorite spot was not successful and definitely was not the blue pool it normally is
(cell pic)
6287550095_943bf84d6c_z.jpg

Our second place we stopped looked like this
6288027840_ce373dea42_z.jpg

which was hiding this
6287508151_756cf185d0_z.jpg

We fished it for a short time and then I cast my Elk Hair Caddis up along a rock like wall and had a hit...recast.....FISH ON!!

6287508215_8957f19c24_z.jpg

a nice 14 incher (Eric said so)

No more luck there so we headed down and fished a section of dead water, molested a duck, just kiddin, and then headed down with the intent on hitting the S. Santiam. I passed the road I wanted and so we ended up at Waterloo.....what an awesome place...there were no combat fishermen and we had the water to ourselves. I got 2 there and Eric had one on for a short time.

All in all it was a good day, good weather, a new fishin friend and MickyD's, Thanks Eric for coming along and for the eats and drinks. We will have to do it again.

R
RunWithSasquatch
whoa... bright little specimen. Nice fish!

Looks like a good sized trout.

L
lilsalmon
Thanks. There is an obvious glare on it but it was a very nice 'bow

T
Tribal16
Looks like a fun day! That 2nd spot sure looks pretty!

L
lilsalmon
Okay, it was a great day but now I have to add this in...I hate Corvallis. There is one lane going out of town to hwy 34. Cars are cuttin in going up left and right...seen the motorcycle cop sitting on the corner. Sat in the middle lane cuz thats what I do...follow the laws. Missed 2 lights cuz we weren't moving what with the a**holes going left and right lanes.....light turns yellow as I am going through and the car in front of me hesitates which puts me in the intersection, move forward...FUNK!!!! lights behind me....he gave me a warning for the Failure to obey a signal and cited me for the lesser obstructing traffic.....OBSTRUCT THIS!!!!!

I haven't had a ticket in over 20 years and he still wouldn't give me a break....oh well...it was a good day anyway....hehe

R
RunWithSasquatch
lilsalmon said:
Thanks. There is an obvious glare on it but it was a very nice 'bow

Yeah, but they dont glare for no reason:)

W
waco
That for sure is a nice trout!!

B
bigsteel
way to go rose,i had to sit in the office all day or i would have gone out...that is 1 hell of a gorgeous fish yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

A
alm21
Quality trout! Bummer on the ticket, sounds like the cop was set on writting tickets that day.