Walling Pond

B
Berg03
Yesterday Brandon4455 and I went out to Walter Wirth lake, nobody was catching anything and we were getting no bites after about 2 hours. Decided to try Walling Pond before heading home. There was about 4-5 people there, all having no luck. We started off by throwing out some flies and slowly retrieving them but had little luck. Decided to pull out my spin reel and throw some spinner out, we caught 6 fish together a few about 13-14 inches and some around 10 inches and Brandon lost 2 pigs at the bank, both about 18-22 inches. I lost one about 18 inches at the bank as well. All in all it was a fun day catching them trouts on my little ultralight pole :)

I will post some pictures on soon, not near a computer that i can hook my phone up to atm.

Reactions: brandon4455
brandon4455
brandon4455
yeah it was freezing balls out there too. but man were there some big fish in there! would have loved to bring that pig 22 incher home to my neighbor but no fish for me :lol: nice fishing with you again brad. :clap:

brandon4455
brandon4455
forgot to give you the gas money, ill have to pay you back thursday man..

S
Spydeyrch
Brandon, did you use flies to catch those fish or did you go back to the dark side and switch to spinners!!!!!!!????? :shock:

Hahahahaha, just kiddin' around.

Nice job there guys.

-Spydey

D
Drew9870
Nice job, pretty funny because I have been debating all day where I am gonna go toss flies :lol:, gonna get on the longboard, pick up some stogey's, and head to Walling.

So was Brandon picking them up on flies? I'm gonna pack a spinning rod and Blue Fox's from #0-2, the #0 is freaking incredible, although it could use a split ring just to seperate the hook from the body a little more allowing for a better hookset.

Wirth has indeed been crap lately, caught a Pumpkinseed last week that was almost pushing an inch :lol:, that was the straw that broke the camels back haha. You guys have whooped me yet again, but now on Walling, I haven't got a single fish out of there this year :(, great job.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Drew9870 said:
Nice job, pretty funny because I have been debating all day where I am gonna go toss flies :lol:, gonna get on the longboard, pick up some stogey's, and head to Walling.

So was Brandon picking them up on flies? I'm gonna pack a spinning rod and Blue Fox's from #0-2, the #0 is freaking incredible, although it could use a split ring just to seperate the hook from the body a little more allowing for a better hookset.

Wirth has indeed been crap lately, caught a Pumpkinseed last week that was almost pushing an inch :lol:, that was the straw that broke the camels back haha. You guys have whooped me yet again, but now on Walling, I haven't got a single fish out of there this year :(, great job.

i threw a few spinners, thats the only time i use a spinning rod is on stockers native trout? not again in a million years even if i was paid to.. really wanted to bring home a fish or two for my neighbor who recently lost her do cause it was hit by a car. you need a sinking line to flyfish walling

H
Hendo30
Nice going fella's, a silver lining to losing those ones at the bank is that they are still in there waiting for you. Good luck out there.

L
lilsalmon
Good job...I went there once.....did they clean up the needles and trash around there?

brandon4455
brandon4455
lilsalmon said:
Good job...I went there once.....did they clean up the needles and trash around there?

no it was gross LOL

B
Berg03
Here are some of the pics we took.

D
Drew9870
Never made it out yesterday :(, couldn't work up the energy, but today might be a different story.

Are we meeting up next week? You should know why I ask :D, (hint, we are on week 2 since the last trip) shhhh.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Drew9870 said:
Never made it out yesterday :(, couldn't work up the energy, but today might be a different story.

Are we meeting up next week? You should know why I ask :D, (hint, we are on week 2 since the last trip) shhhh.

yeah, sure are.. you need to be a scout though so we know it's stocked when we go :lol:

D
Drew9870
Always the scout, only about a mile away from me.

I worked up the motivation to get the fly and spin rod along with tackle moved into the living room, let's see if I can work up the motivation to get out the door to Walling :lol:, gotta love cold sunny days.

B
Berg03
Hell ya we will tear up those fish next week. Just hit us up and we will be there. :D

D
Drew9870
Well,

Thanks for leaving me one fish at Walling :lol:, got a 2.5lber on a #2 Blue Fox, he told me to say hello to you guys again and also, this spinner didn't taste as good as the last one :D, I'll make sure he says hello to the Lingcod.

B
Berg03
haha. He is prolly the one we lost at the bank!!!! lol. dumb fish. Be to to call Brandon when you hear next week. :) I work Friday afternoon and thats it next week.

D
Drew9870
Today was nothing like yesterday.....

I caught a WHOOOOOLE lotta notta.

Can't wait for brooders, thank the dear lord they don't post it in the stocking schedule, people would be driving down from Portland and up from Eugene, I understand some people have limited mobility, but jeez, Walter Wirth looks like the Russian River the day after stocking, that all happens from the grapevine though, one person is there when the truck pulls up, they call three people -> they call nine people -> they call 27 more = ZOO!, if I could figure out a way to store my crap while out in the tube, I'd longboard with it strapped on my back :lol:, I'm pretty unique in Salem, the guy always riding the longboard with all the fishing poles, but anyhoo, a 6+lb Rainbow in the tube is gonna be funner than watching a one legged cat bury a turd on a frozen pond.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Drew9870 said:
Today was nothing like yesterday.....

I caught a WHOOOOOLE lotta notta.

Can't wait for brooders, thank the dear lord they don't post it in the stocking schedule, people would be driving down from Portland and up from Eugene, I understand some people have limited mobility, but jeez, Walter Wirth looks like the Russian River the day after stocking, that all happens from the grapevine though, one person is there when the truck pulls up, they call three people -> they call nine people -> they call 27 more = ZOO!, if I could figure out a way to store my crap while out in the tube, I'd longboard with it strapped on my back :lol:, I'm pretty unique in Salem, the guy always riding the longboard with all the fishing poles, but anyhoo, a 6+lb Rainbow in the tube is gonna be funner than watching a one legged cat bury a turd on a frozen pond.

brad will pick you up next week bro no sweat. look forward to it again

B
Berg03
yea i will go down the amazing gravel pot holed road again :D 4 wheelin in my little Ford focus WOOT WOOT.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Berg03 said:
yea i will go down the amazing gravel pot holed road again :D 4 wheelin in my little Ford focus WOOT WOOT.

LOL can we go 35 mph through it this time? :lol: hey what you doing tomorrow?