Thinkin about gettin a driftboat

A
alseaalumaweld
ever drift boat owner needs a trolling motor. rowing is so over rated!

B
bigsteel
RunWithSasquatch said:
I'd be into hauling the woody over there for a mac float also, and I KNOW Santiam338 likes hammering trout over there.

do you have a driftboat

B
bigsteel
alseaalumaweld said:
ever drift boat owner needs a trolling motor. rowing is so over rated!

ive got a 9.9 johnson motor that is

A
alseaalumaweld
me and rws have drift boats

A
alseaalumaweld
im talking eltric motor.

B
bigsteel
alseaalumaweld said:
im talking eltric motor.

i have a minnkota electric trolling motor

A
alseaalumaweld
looks just like mine. i like it other then woods oars. there junk i think. but pretty good boat would last a life time

R
RunWithSasquatch
bigsteel said:
do you have a driftboat

Yeah

0306110811.jpg

100108_150601.jpg

Bobberbuck.jpg

IMG950103.jpg

1124100819.jpg

A
alseaalumaweld
what oars you got rws?

R
RunWithSasquatch
Sawyers MXG on that boat, Ive got cataracts on my my cat.

A
alseaalumaweld
cataracts! way to go

J
JeannaJigs
I personally have fallen in love with fiberglass since getting my boat...but that's me. If you want to do a float, the Mac and willy are in my backyard and I'd be down for sure. Also if ya want to try rowing a glass boat and seeing what ya think before ya buy anything, can take mine out anytime. I like it way more than my friends aluminum drifter. Way more responsive. Craigslist listings for drift boats come in waves but I've seen a lot of good deals on there. Don't skimp on oars, ever. Wood oars will make you cry, Sawyer makes good oars, I roll with sawyers. $500 for a set but they make a hell of a difference

B
bigsteel
JeannaJigs said:
I personally have fallen in love with fiberglass since getting my boat...but that's me. If you want to do a float, the Mac and willy are in my backyard and I'd be down for sure. Also if ya want to try rowing a glass boat and seeing what ya think before ya buy anything, can take mine out anytime. I like it way more than my friends aluminum drifter. Way more responsive. Craigslist listings for drift boats come in waves but I've seen a lot of good deals on there. Don't skimp on oars, ever. Wood oars will make you cry, Sawyer makes good oars, I roll with sawyers. $500 for a set but they make a hell of a difference

jeanna im definitely gonna take you up on that offer,then you can show me all my mistakes:lol::lol: maybe we an plan a trip here in the near future

J
JeannaJigs
My days off in November are Tuesday's and Wednesday's. Just say when. Might want to wait Until I'm not diseased. Pretty sure I have the flu, but I refuse to go to the doctor and get a test.

R
RunWithSasquatch
JeannaJigs said:
Don't skimp on oars, ever.

Having both Sawyers and Cataracts, I prefer my cataracts. And I agree, dont skimp, if possible. Not everyone has the money to throw down on that stuff.

A
alseaalumaweld
its 400 for Cataracts

R
RunWithSasquatch
I dont remember exactly what I paid, it was like 650$ for 3, with blades. 10.5'

A
alseaalumaweld
i know in newport at harry bait and tackle there 400 for a pair with blades and raped and oar rites. best price i found

R
RunWithSasquatch
:)Oar-rites are for fools.

A
alseaalumaweld
if you dont have oar rites u are a fool!