Any reports on the Alsea or Siletz?

S
Shark 13
I went fishing on the Alsea on Christmas eve. I was fishing down on the lower river plunking some Spin-n-glows. Only seen 2 steel head caught and one jack Coho caught/released. That's the most action I have seen this winter season. I was wondering if any one has been on the Siletz recently and if it's worth the trip. Planning on going to the Alsea in the morning (12-29). I will post a report when I get back from fishing.

A
Aton
Some fish are being caught on the Alsea. No idea about Siletz.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
A buddy went up the Alsea hatchery today. Tons of fish in the traps.

S
Shark 13
Well went fishing on the Alsea today. I seen 3 fish on the bank and no fish for me. One person was telling me that there were 100+ fish in the trap Monday morning.

O
Orgwayne
Went out Tuesday morning to the other side of Alsea , man was it cold out with the wind !! I,m from Wisconsin , but the wind will do You in
Fished foe 3 hrs nudda, Son saw one go by . Saw some nice fish at the hatchery , 6 guys in the meat hole
Wayne:thumb:

S
steelhead_stalkers
Three of us went 6 for 9 on steelhead and a few coho the 30th. Did not see or hear of any fishing being caught so I would say its still slow!

S
Shorty
Upper Alsea 12/15, again 12/29 and Moonshine run on Siletz yesterday. Yet to have a fish on for 2 of us. Talked to 3-4 boats each trip Alsea and no fish for anyone else either. Between 2 boats yesterday that we talked to heard of 1 fish. Been very disappointing so far.

There is an island about 2 miles down from Moonshine where most of flow goes river right and at bottom of island river makes almost 90 degree left turn, several feet of a riffling drop over a short distance, and brush from island overhanging the river a little bit in the past. Now that brush obstructs 2/3 of flow. No problem getting through at river level 5.0+/- yesterday but if water was anything less than 5.0 you might hit a rock or two rather hard. It appeared that the route to the left of the island is maybe too shallow at the lower end to float at river level yesterday