Whitaker Creek ramp blocked (picture)

jamisonace
jamisonace
Pretty surprised to see this, this morning. Water was too brown for my taste anyway. Headed over to lake creek and decided to fish another day. Everything is still high and dirty. Maybe next week.

image.jpg

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Ugh+ly! That looks like it will be there a while. :sad:

jamisonace
jamisonace
I contacted Lane County parks via email after calling and not being able to leave a message.

Not sure who would handle that but they'll need a dump truck and a track hoe to clear it I suppose.

jamisonace
jamisonace
This is a view from the bridge.

image.jpg

Y
Yogidabear
oops

Reactions: troutmasta
D
DirectDrive
Yogidabear said:
^^^

Looks like the ramp builders were looking for "soft water" and picked a giant Corky trap !

jamisonace
jamisonace
I mentioned to my friend that this must be a massive back eddy at high water and obviously it was last week but he reminded me that we've been there post flood stage before and there wasn't debris blockage like this. I wonder what is different now.

DirectDrive said:
^^^

Looks like the ramp builders were looking for "soft water" and picked a giant Corky trap !

hobster
hobster
Wow, nasty. Thanks for the heads up. Buddy of mine was there yestetday and saw a boat across the creek, wonder how they got in.

jamisonace
jamisonace
There are a few options to launch off the bank. I'll be sliding my boat over the bank next week if this isn't clear.

hobster
hobster
jamisonace said:
There are a few options to launch off the bank. I'll be sliding my boat over the bank next week if this isn't clear.

Bummer, i was hoping us bank maggots would get the river to ourselves :D

jamisonace
jamisonace
Haha....I knew that! Sorry to burst your bubble. The truth is that the blockage will keep 90% of the drift boats off that run so I'll make sure I drop anchor right in front of you just so you don't miss us too much. Lol

hobster said:
Bummer, i was hoping us bank maggots would get the river to ourselves :D

hobster
hobster
jamisonace said:
Haha....I knew that! Sorry to burst your bubble. The truth is that the blockage will keep 90% of the drift boats off that run so I'll make sure I drop anchor right in front of you just so you don't miss us too much. Lol

Thanks buddy, wouldn't be the same without you guys in our way .;)

L
LilCorky
I would say it's from logging upriver?

D
DirectDrive
LilCorky said:
I would say it's from logging upriver?
Nah.
Just a large back eddy at certain flow rates that collects every bit of floating debris.
Prolly a wicked good Corky trap if you check it at just the right time.

Don't fall in while monkeying around that when it's floating. It could trap and drown you.