I found your rig on the Slaw...

E
eugene1
We pulled this rig in after a snag around the cushman area. I cut the seaweed and mono off of it. It was also attached to a 16 oz cannonball... I guess the owner was out of bead chains or ball bearing swivels. There are four snaps on the upper leg along with three barrel swivels. The lower section has two snap swivels. LOL.

Probably lost this season as the rust isn't too bad yet, although the foam bits are fairly rotted out.

Anyway, if it's yours, you can have it back. All I ask is that I can keep the lead, I can make 3 or 4 good slaw weights from it.

29ztroo.jpg

T
Thuggin4Life
16 oz lead?

E
eugene1
Thuggin4Life said:
16 oz lead?

Yeah dude. Might have been lost by a mega yacht we spotted up there. That's my theory anyway!

M
mikeredding
I lost some gear out there this year but not a 16 ouncer. WOW!

E
eggs
Crap.... yea my 4' 1-4lb UL UglyStick couldn't pull it back once I tossed it out.

brandon4455
brandon4455
eggs said:
Crap.... yea my 4' 1-4lb UL UglyStick couldn't pull it back once I tossed it out.
did it rip your arm out of it's socket in the process?

E
eugene1
eggs said:

hahaa. Might not have been yours then, the mainline mono was way over rated for your stick. maybe 8-10 pound test?

Reactions: eggs
E
eugene1
update on ball

update on ball

it was actually a 10 oz ball. Went out and weighed it. The number "0" looked like a 6 to me but it was half worn away. Felt way bigger than my 4 and 5 oz'ers.

here's a pic:

98hfdg.jpg

M
Markcanby
eggs said:

Come on Eggs we all know that was your 16oz anchor for you Mini Drifter.

Reactions: bigsteel and eggs
E
eggs
Markcanby said:
Come on Eggs we all know that was your 16oz anchor for you Mini Drifter.

That is one helll of an idea for an anchor!!

D
DYJ
and some people wonder why they never catch fish over there...

E
ezdoesit
I have never fished the slaw. Are there any sturgeon in there? Years ago people used to troll(drag bottom) big trebles on rigs like that to snag sturgeon in SanFrancisco Bay.

T
Thuggin4Life
Still a 10 oz lead. i use 5 and 6 on the slaw and even on the columbia the biggest i have needed is 8 oz. no wonder you found it on the bottom.

E
eugene1
ezdoesit said:
I have never fished the slaw. Are there any sturgeon in there? Years ago people used to troll(drag bottom) big trebles on rigs like that to snag sturgeon in SanFrancisco Bay.

hey ezdoesit,

I guess there's a few sturg around in the summer, but I've never fished for them. I think this is a spreader for salmon fishing? I prefer a dropper ahead of a fish flash, but some use the spreaders. Wish we could've dredged up a nice big al's or shortbus instead of this cluster..

Oh well; got some junk out of the river anyway.