New rod and reel for steelheads!

EOBOY
EOBOY
Today was a good day. A week or so ago I asked Tanner if he would spend 3 or 4 hours with me buying a new Rod and Real for SteelHead fishing. I Wanted to pay him for his time and he said only if you let me take you fishing later. No problem.

Dang I haven't bought a new Rod since 43 years ago. Tanner saw my old beat up Fennie. Tape and all. I would not have known what to do except for him. I keep going out to the garage lifting it up and flipping it. I want to go to the Wilson or where ever tomorrow but have to head to Springfield to see Grandkids. Tanner I think you have got me hooked on a new way of (thinking) fishing. Also I probably would have spent more $ than need be if not for you're advice. Looking forward to hooking up later. Gonna start working on a yarn ball right now.:lol:

Wolf

O
OnTheDrop
My pleasure buddy!

See ya soon.

Cheers,

Reactions: troutdude
N
Native Fisher
EOBOY said:
Today was a good day. A week or so ago I asked Tanner if he would spend 3 or 4 hours with me buying a new Rod and Real for SteelHead fishing. I Wanted to pay him for his time and he said only if you let me take you fishing later. No problem.

Dang I haven't bought a new Rod since 43 years ago. Tanner saw my old beat up Fennie. Tape and all. I would not have known what to do except for him. I keep going out to the garage lifting it up and flipping it. I want to go to the Wilson or where ever tomorrow but have to head to Springfield to see Grandkids. Tanner I think you have got me hooked on a new way of (thinking) fishing. Also I probably would have spent more $ than need be if not for you're advice. Looking forward to hooking up later. Gonna start working on a yarn ball right now.:lol:

Wolf

Wow what a nice guy! So tell us what kind of rod you got so we can oh and awe over it with you!

troutdude
troutdude
Kudos to Tanner!

EOBOY...if you're gonna kick your Fenny to the curb, I'd be happy to come get it!

EOBOY
EOBOY
troutdude said:
Kudos to Tanner!

EOBOY...if you're gonna kick your Fenny to the curb, I'd be happy to come get it!

Troutdude don't know if I could let it go, it's got a place in my heart, if I do I'll let you know.:thumb:

Wolf

EOBOY
EOBOY
Native Fisher said:
Wow what a nice guy! So tell us what kind of rod you got so we can oh and awe over it with you!

Got a Berkle Air IM8 9ft. with a shimano sadona 2500FD. Still haven't got to use it but after hours of trying to make yarn balls I finally figured it out. Don't know if they will work but they sort of look right.

• yarnballs.jpg
troutdude
troutdude
EOBOY said:
Troutdude don't know if I could let it go, it's got a place in my heart, if I do I'll let you know.:thumb:

Wolf

I hear ya buddy. Those are great sticks.