Thinkin about gettin a driftboat

B
bigsteel
so i think im finally ready to look for a decent driftboat so i can pursue some more flyfishing adventures,,i would be mostly using it on the mckenzie and middlefork willamette,my question is what are some decent boats to look at within a reasonable price range say 2500 bucks,,also would anybody be willing to show me how to row down a river the correct way,i have never been on the sticks.:):)

A
alseaalumaweld
lots of good deal out there on boat. old alumawelds from 600-2500 all the time

A
alseaalumaweld
also would anybody be willing to show me how to row down a river the correct way,i have never been on the sticks. never rows a toon or anything. im sure there lots off member willing to help

B
bigsteel
i have rowed a toon in a lake but not a river,

R
RunWithSasquatch
If you spend as much as $2500, you will get a nice used aluminum boat, that you'll be happy with.

N
nwkiller
craigslist always has sweet drifters

A
alseaalumaweld
its easy go with someone once or twice and you should be ready togo. think theres a few books and videos on it. maybe youtube drift boat rowing?

A
alseaalumaweld
trailer is the hard part all those old cheap boats the trailer are shot on them

N
nwkiller
tell you the truth, there are some great "practice" runs on the willy above springfield

R
RunWithSasquatch
alseaalumaweld said:
trailer is the hard part all those old cheap boats the trailer are shot on them

Rick got a 94 Alumaweld this year 16x54 guide model, with an awesome trailer, and that motor, that he has sitting in his back yard that he is letting waste for $2500

B
bigsteel
im gonna check craigslist and see whats on there,,i have watched some videos but i want to get the exact feel for the river,i have several trailers so thats not a problem i could retrofit one easy enough....thanks for the replies guys.

A
alseaalumaweld
ya thats a killer deal he should trade me

A
alseaalumaweld
way better deals if you ask people or find them for sale not online. craglist has good deal but they last about a hour and there sold

E
eugene1
alseaalumaweld said:
way better deals if you ask people or find them for sale not online. craglist has good deal but they last about a hour and there sold

True.

B
bigsteel
nwkiller said:
tell you the truth, there are some great "practice" runs on the willy above springfield

maybe when i get one here soon you can float down with me.and show a newbie how to float

A
alseaalumaweld
id be willing to float

B
bigsteel
alseaalumaweld said:
id be willing to float

heck yea you can float with me

A
alseaalumaweld
id like to get some mckenzie trout

R
RunWithSasquatch
I'd be into hauling the woody over there for a mac float also, and I KNOW Santiam338 likes hammering trout over there.

B
bigsteel
alseaalumaweld said:
id like to get some mckenzie trout

me too,i would love to be able to float every day im off work,,im starting to drool now.....i just checked craigslist and there isn't many driftboats on there