Going fishing this weekend??

K
kerrydaleherring
Any one going fishing this weekend? I know I'm gonna try sun morning. Whittaker creek looks pretty inviting after a couple days of dropping water.... We will see I guess. If your going out where to? And good luck.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I am going out on a limb and assume you mean the Siuslaw river near Whittaker creek...:hi:

"Whittaker Creek (Lane Co.) • Closed."

possible that we will be fishing one of the N. coast rivers soon, also hitting Siltcoos to search for a late Coho to fill my last tag spot and put another one on my son's tag...cheers, roger

K
kerrydaleherring
Yea of course always say Whittaker but mean siuslaw near it not on it. Gotta know the regs or you'll surely pay the price. Its super early for the steelies but heard there's been some come up so may as well try you won't catch any if you don't have lines in the water also like to beat the crowd gets super busy around Jan to Feb. For me not really the elbow to elbow fisherman. If you go good luck to you.

T
troutmasta
Yes, I am going fishing this weekend.
Tillimook.

A
Aton
Went up to Whittaker just to have a look see on Tuesday (prior to the deluge) Man I wish the fish were here because the water WAS right about where I like it... 7½ ft. and nice n green. Trap was still not assembled. Think I'll follow Roger to Siltcoos this weekend...Or maybe Tahkenitch.

K
kerrydaleherring
Yea I'll hit it hard aton. They're putting the trap up wen this week. I'm guessin they might know theres some fish... See if we can't coax one of those wiggly little steelies to bite something. I might go to linslaw if there's nothing happening on the slaw NEAR not On Whittaker.

C
CoastieFlo
To early for the few fish out there. Wait until mid January....this river has one of the latest runs (historically) on the coast.

My gas $$$ is too limited, ill wait till my chances are much better.

K
kerrydaleherring
I got the green light from the miss she doesn't go back to school till Jan so my sons good to be watched trying to get as much time on the water. That's why the few fish is all I need to go. Going Wednesday morn.