So I've done some math.....

F
FlyBum
I've done some fuzzy math and I've been out fishing over 110 or more days this year so far!!! :dance:

This is not necessarily all full days grinding out fish, many are though, but days but days spent after work as well (4+ hrs.) and not just a few casts. I do work full time, but we get done mid afternoon so during summer days it's easy to get a lot of time in after work too. For the last three months alone every, and I mean ever weekend has been a camp n' fish weekend. Four of those have been three day weekends, plus numerous times after work. My longest bender was 16 days strait.

I know I haven't actually kept an exact tally but next year I am going to. Maybe keep track of numbers too, but I think that may be a bit over the top though. I've just been thinking about that for a bit now but was wondering if anyone else keeps track of how many days on the water they spend???

If I didn't have this pesky job and won the lottery :pray:, or married into some money :think: just how many days I could get in :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: n8r1
R
RunWithSasquatch
:clap:

N
nwkiller
i dont do it anymore but i used to record every catch i made om a specific bait or lure, and what the weather was like on that day.......three full date books later and now i have tons of info i can use everytime i want to fish! but now i just have a blog which is a good way to keep track of your days spent on the water.

Irishrover
Irishrover
"I know I haven't actually kept an exact tally but next year I am going to. Maybe keep track of numbers too, but I think that may be a bit over the top though. I've just been thinking about that for a bit now but was wondering if anyone else keeps track of how many days on the water they spend??? "

Over the years I've made several attempt to keep a fishing log. I've even suggested the idea to other folks but fail to follow through myself.:shock: Luckly I have a good memory for where I fished, what I uses and how things went. I'm just not very good at putting it down on paper. I still think it is a great idea and my hat is off to those folks who keep detail fishing logs. Being retired and living in Oregon creates a situation where a fellow can just about fish every day if he was so inclined.;)

T
Thuggin4Life
I just fish when i can how i can with what i can as much as i can. I use standard methods for the fish i am fishing for and i fish in any wheather. just ask jeanna. we drive over 100 miles to fish in extreme weather warnings and catch fish. still working on the lotto thing so i can become a full time fisherman part time husband.

A
alseaalumaweld
marry into some money. some day dreams will come true

F
FlyBum
Ya, I was just thinking along the lines of just marking on the calendar I have by my tying bench of which river on the day I fished it. I think that would be an easy one to stick to. The whole fishing log/journal is a big turn off to me but a count of days and rivers fished may be the most appropriate for myself. My memory is still pretty good as well, so I can recall which rivers during the parts of the year I typically fish and the patterns used. I also do like fishing in the snow a lot (less people) and rain is no real bother (unless I have to move back to the valley and live in it), but wind sux hardcore, however, I somehow do it anyways.

brandon4455
brandon4455
ive fished more this year then in the past, even 6 times in one week. im up there with ya!

A
alseaalumaweld
ya i went bout 2 weeks everday. few years ago i think i hunted 300 days outa the year