Christmas came early!

B
bigboy70
i WAS FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO GET MY HANDS ON AN 8WT ECHO SR AND ION REEL FOR A SWEET DEAL!

So does anyone have words of wisdom or advice? I got a couple books and skagit master dvds since that will be the way I will primarily fish. So pumped :flex: to enter the world of fur and feathers a way I feel will be much for successful then previous attempts!

any suggestions on flies to use (I hear unweighted is good to start with hobo spey, fish taco, etc.)

Thanks everyone! :hi:

Happy Turkey day as well (sneaking out to get some time on the water in the am lol)

Casting Call
Casting Call
BB70 Try a Black leach sucking on a single pink egg. Marabou/Bunny 3". Upper wilson river. You guys have a great T-Day. Tony

brandon4455
brandon4455
if you are swinging flies and new to it i wouldn't use bunny. Bunny soaks up lots of water and can become difficult to cast for about anyone. Go marabou patterns. A reverse marabou tube/leech with small lead eyes is easy to cast and gets down if you are good with mending and line management .

Casting Call
Casting Call
Brandon is correct about the bunny. It works well for me on spey all 350grains of bunny. Brandon don't forget to clip-in during high water. GL Tony

B
bigboy70
4e08162dc9e51e8f396e07a04c59a2fa.jpg

Going from 20lbs of gear to 5lbs was defiantly a change but want to ditch my vest and get a hip pack.

Thats what I'm throwing Brandon unweighted flies like hobo spey , fish taco and the Marabou tube

P
pdxstruve
I've got that exact same set-up and love it. Good quality and great price. Good luck!

B
bigboy70
Been having a blast so far even though the rivers been blown casting practice

Top Bottom