Minnows

F
Fishpdx
Hello guys, I've heard a bunch of people from idaho saying they fish with minnows, so I asked them where they get them and they said any river or creek will have them just drop a minnow trap and you will get em . So I was wondering if there's minnows in oregon like in the clack or something, Because I would really like to try catching some bass on those minnows or freeze them and use them during ocean fishing for rockfish or greenling.

J
JeannaJigs
ABSOLUTELY not legal to use minnows anywhere in this state. Let Idaho continue to ruin their waters as they wish but keep it out of oregon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

S
sktamura
Live minnows are a definite no no in fresh water, but you can use dead ones with one exception: goldfish. You can't even have them in your possession when you fish.

G
grampa ron
NO WAY! Living proof of why not is the Long Tom River below Fernridge Dam. I have caught gold fish while fishing for catfish there.

S
sktamura
The ODFW changed the rules a few years ago. On page 10 of the 2014 Sports Fishing Regulations under Gear and Bait Restrictions, 3.) Dead fish, preserved fish, or parts of fish, shellfish and fish eggs may be used as bait. Goldfish may not be used as bait or in angler’s possession while angling.

C
c.sanders
Yea well most of those ruined waters in states that allow minnows as bait, fish pretty darn well in comparison to Oregon. Come on!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aervax
Aervax
Jeeze Carp. That was not exactly the reaction I was expecting after reading your post. Must have been politically incorrect. Seems to me like folks are responding to using live minnows as bait. If live minnows are not legal, simply do not use them. Dead minnows on the other hand are totally legal and effective bait. They will catch just about every fish species under the sun. Fish will swallow them just as readily as they do powerbait or worms, so you might consider using circle hooks if you are not already. They are designed to avert throat hook ups . Most times they catch in the corner of a fish's mouth.

F
Fishpdx
Well I guess I'm not a real good fisherman because I didn't even know that I can't use live minnows>

Snake River
Snake River
Carp said:
Well I guess I'm not a real good fisherman because I didn't even know that I can't use live minnows>
I believe that you could use live minnows in Tidewater I believe from Bonneville dam downstream. but I could be wrong make sure you check here fishing regulations:thumb: