Going carp fishing tomorrow in Vancouver, Washington

F
Fishpdx
So It's been really slow with carp fishing and I guess know one goes anymore but I still want to catch some carp this year. So Tomorrow I will be heading to Vancouver Lake Washington and try to catch those fish, the weather is probably not the best (some rain) but seems kinda warm like 55. If no bites I will head up and try in River Lake that runs into Vancouver Lake. So If you guys have any tips or if any of you fish for carp in the winter please let me know if I have a chance.

I will be using boils,corn,worms off the bottom . I think I will try to go earlier to have time to come home for thanksgiving and have a feast!

Well Wish Me Luck!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
U
universalfishermatt
You're not alone in chasing autumn carp ;) and winter carp! What kind of boilies you using?

F
Fishpdx
I make mine like this :

1 cup of white flour
One teaspoon of sunflower oil (carp love burnt sunflower seeds)
1 teaspoon of honey stirred in warm water, in a cup .
1 teaspoon of salt
3 tablespoons of Semolina

I take a bowl add sunflower oil, 1/4 of cup of water,salt. And start adding little flour and add semolina to toughen it, then keep on mixing until its like a ball. Then I lay it on the table and keep on adding flour till I feel like it's tough, I make sure its not sticky. Then I take a ziplock baggie and add a little sunflower oil, and put the ball in and close tight and put in the fridge for a night. And it makes the stuff kinda soft but holds on the hook .

Here's another thing I make when its a super calm day and carp are picky.

2 egg yolks
2 tablespoons of peanut butter
1 teaspoon of salt 1 teaspoon of sugar.
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
1 cup of white flour
1/4 cup of corn flour
1 cup of corn juice ( I open a can of corn and use the water from the can)

mix all these things up and add flour until its tough, if its too tough just add some water and put it in the fridge overnight.

F
Fishpdx
Came to River Lake at 8:30 and fished till 3:00 caught 45 carp and a couple suckers, they were biting on boils and corn didn't even touch the worms. Weather was fine a couple 5 min showers in the morning . So filleted the fish today gonna dry and smoke these.

EOBOY
EOBOY
sounds like a good day of carping I spent my day carping too. I had to help my Granddaughter fix her car.;)

U
universalfishermatt
I'm assuming they were all small ones? Did you have a Washington license to fish there?

F
Fishpdx
Yes they were small like 10-18 inches, and u don't need a license to fish for carp in washington.

U
universalfishermatt
You sure you don't need an angling license? Lol

bass
bass
universalfishermatt said:
You sure you don't need an angling license? Lol

I was surprised but this is from the WDFW fishing regulations.

Who needs a fishing
license?
Everyone age 15 and older.
You do not need a license if you
are fishing for common carp,
crawfish, bullfrogs, smelt, or to
collect relic shells.

U
universalfishermatt
That's crazy lol. Is the non resident two rod endorsement also exempt when carping? Haha

bass
bass
The interesting thing about the rule is whether it applies to non-residents. That part is not clear.

F
Fishpdx
So I guess you don't need a license. Let's just keep it that way.

T
Thejigmaster