• stren

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • other ?

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
P
plumb2fish
RunWithSasquatch said:
You wont look back after you use ultra green.

Ultragreen is pretty forgiving when it comes to tying knots...flourocarbon not so much....get good and wet and pull slow and steady...if you get fluoro hot its all over but the crying...

A
alseaalumaweld
pline cfx fluorocarbon is tuff stuff. just as tuff as any line out there

R
RunWithSasquatch
plumb2fish said:
Ultragreen is pretty forgiving when it comes to tying knots...flourocarbon not so much....get good and wet and pull slow and steady...if you get fluoro hot its all over but the crying...

Oh i agree. When I first started using it I would break the leader material just tying the knot. Made me scratch my head a little.

I lost a few fish with the stuff. I still have a few rolls laying around the house somewhere.

A
alseaalumaweld
knots and it goes bad with age. i trow all my line away after 6months and keep it in a some what air tigth box outa sun lite

A
alseaalumaweld
i know 10 lb pline cfx fluorocarbon puts the hurt on the summer steel

M
metalfisher76
max UG 8. I don`t see the need to go up to 10. Unless it`s big ugly nooks:)

R
RunWithSasquatch
steelhead_stalkers said:
Here are a few dark, boot salmon from a few days ago! :D

Why would you fish for those things!:lol:

A
alseaalumaweld
RunWithSasquatch said:
Why would you fish for those things!:lol:

thats the question

S
sidehillwinder
alseaalumaweld said:
why you go with 8lb? seems small to me

Why 8? More sporting. I know a guy who steelhead fishes using 8 lb. backer and 6 lb. leader. He says he feels like he has accomplised something when he lands one.

A
alseaalumaweld
accomplised something when he lands one. i guess

D
Drew9870
15lb Flouroclear for Winters, mainly because I don't want the fish shooting down and getting caught in the current, most spots I fish winters are just above a big rapid, gotta turn them in these holes.

I really like Copolymer lines, Gamma is one of my favorites, if you like a 10lb regular mono, you would want to go with a 12lb Copolymer.

Maxima and P-Line are awesome, I'd rather live with P-Line X-Strong Red Label, reason: I did a crap ton of fishing in 2009-2010 (I mean 1-2 weeks straight of nothing but waking up wondering where to go next), and I would change out the Maxima about every 2 weeks since the knot strength would get about 25-30% less than normal, the P-Line x-strong moss green would stay on for a month, maybe month and a half, I paid lots of money for lines back in 09-10.

Last edited:
A
alseaalumaweld
i fish power pro on 7 outa 10 rods and will fish it for a year plus. other rods i fish 12 pound Maxima ug main line and will change it out ever month or so

A
alseaalumaweld
mainly because I don't want the fish shooting down and getting caught in the current, most spots I fish winters are just above a big rapid.

in my boat i dont chase fish if u can't keep it in a hole to bad. im not leaveing a spot to chase down a 8 pound winter cause some one wants to fish 6lb line

D
Drew9870
Powerpro is a good type of braid, do you have any experience with Tuff-Line? I'd like to know if the durability is about as good as Powerpro when it comes to a mainline, I have to agree the Powerpro lasts awhile, my Carp rod has had 50lb since January of 2010, of course, it holds $30 worth of Powerpro, so no doubt it will last awhile lol. But I ask about the Tuffline because I was considering putting 65lb-80lb since I run floats for Chinooks with the Carp rod, I like the limpness of Tuffline, it won't stay straight like Powerpro when you run your fingers down it.

I was having Carp run my line through weeds and debris with the Maxima vs P-Line, having done this about 3-4 days a week, the line doesn't stand much of a chance, P-Line always held up better though, this was only in 6lb line vs 6-12lb Carp in tons of vegetation.

Not trying to go off topic with Carp lol, just giving my experience with lines.

A
alseaalumaweld
ive used tuff line. but that was a few years back now i see its changed a little. it was about the same. i just use power pro cause its cheap to have it spooled on reels at a shop in newport. used to buy the 150 yard spools till i did the math. haha ive had some for 6 or 7 years still works great

A
alseaalumaweld
id like to get some spider wire. havnt used it in years since i quite bass fishing but it seems to have a good name still