Almost skunked...buzzzer beater mini steel

N
nwkiller
hit the river this morning....not much action, seen the steelhead stalkers fly fishing, couldnt hollar cause i was on the otherside of the river...looked like they were filming. Pretty much drifted roe and pluked some in the morning...nothing but a trout in the AM. My day was slowly coming to a close. I made a final decision to go two holes down and do some hardware casting....pulled the ugliest, torn up, brass blue fox outta the box, and gave it a few casts...water was perfect depth and clearity......toward the back of the seam, as my lure was slidding closer to the bank...bam fish on.....hooked him right at the top of the rapids. In a few seconds caos of possible 10 pound steely running back down the rapids and me chasing it was in my mind. it ripped alittle line. I high stepped it up the bank hoping to "kick him out" into the soft water...no problem.....cause he wasn't 10 pounds, he was just alittle guy maybe 5 pounds....still super pumped......was one of those "didn't give up" moments and it payed off!!
ministeely.jpg
sorry bout the cell phone pic, somehow forgot my camera
100_0317.jpg

R
RunWithSasquatch
Nice job getting into that fish!

Boy them late summers have lost a lot of body mass!

N
nwkiller
well the average catch in this spot is ten or so#.......

thanks man

A
alseaalumaweld
nice one

N
nwkiller
thanks man

R
rippin fish lips
Nife fish man!

S
steelhead_stalkers
Good job getting into a fish. They were few and far between. My bro in law hooked a nice 10+ lb steelhead in the morning on my new North Fork Composites 7 wt fly rod. It went out the back of the hole and broke off. Other than that it was pretty slow, lost one other small steelhead later in the day and caught a bunch of trout. :D

B
bigsteel
nice job,that fish fits the cutting board perfectly

D
DYJ
Is that a blown glass handle on you felet knife?!?!?

N
nwkiller
steelhead_stalkers said:
Good job getting into a fish. They were few and far between. My bro in law hooked a nice 10+ lb steelhead in the morning on my new North Fork Composites 7 wt fly rod. It went out the back of the hole and broke off. Other than that it was pretty slow, lost one other small steelhead later in the day and caught a bunch of trout. :D

nice, ya it was a slow day yesterday...sorry before i read this i commented on your thread.

N
nwkiller
bigsteel said:
nice job,that fish fits the cutting board perfectly

lol ya i know its about time those salmon were a pain in the azz on that thing...lol need a bigger one

A
alseaalumaweld
DYJ said:

sure looks like it

N
nwkiller
DYJ said:

bout time someone noticed my sweet knife.....acually its a hand sculpted and hand painted handle on a rapala blade......the lady that does them is a freind of mine check out her site....acually i kinda feel dumb not showing her work on here already.......her stuff is insane

N
nwkiller
in a nut shell.......she throws on 20 layers of paint, throws in some silver and gold leaf, then hand scrapes it bringing out all the colors....its awesome....my next order will be a set of kitchen knives.

A
alseaalumaweld
pretty fancy