Carp bait recipe.........

B
bigfootfish
I've been looking at lots of these carp posts and threads. Lots of good stuff. Now my wife wants to go carp fishing, something she hasn't done in ages. She had me run to the store and get some Wheaties and corn meal, two of the four ingredients she uses in making, so she claims, super carp bait. We shall see.....
I did watch that video of carp sucking up and spitting out various hooks with different baits. That is an excellant video!
We are gonna try Freeway Lakes after awhile and try out the frozen bread dough idea and my wife's carp recipe.

B
bigfootfish
Well, the recipe my wife used was pretty cool. I tried no weight and using 12 lb. test I still cast a good bit. She has the bait in two separate parts lakeside, and you finish the bait on-the-spot by making a ball out of the two parts and putting on your hook. I was amazed how well it stayed on. Didn't lose any when casting. After about 20 minutes, something took it and ran, nearly pulling my pole outa my hand. Had my drag set too tight and snap went my line. Had to get my Granddaughter home so didn't get to try again. This is an exciting idea, fishing for carp on purpose. Will try again tomorrow.

F
Fisher.King
Yea in deep ponds once you find the right bait you'll draw out the 15+ pounders a lot. I made a personal boilie recipe last week and still haven't tried it. I watched some videos first to get the basic idea. I used 2 eggs, flour, cheereos, soy aminos and a tiny bit of peanut butter, then rolled in a small amount of plain quaker oatmeal before boiling, I hope they work... I even made my own bait rigger thing from a paperclip for baiting a hair rig :). I saw some vids of how carp feed as well and the hair rig works quite nicely, here's a picture of the one I tested at a local pond before I could make the boilies, bread doesn't stay on this rig too well XD. A 3 way swivel works best for this, since the weight has to set the hook and can't be moving around, I just didn't have any when I made this one.

I
igquick
Hey king fisher! I have started carp fishing (for purpose now lol) ever since a month ago and I've caught 4 of them, 11 lber, 11lber, 24 lber, and a 25 lber. I found that a hair rig actually works better than putting your bait on your hook, so I noticed I got more "hook ons" than bites. I use white bread for my baits and have two hooks with two baits. Right now I am testing a hair rig with a small treble hook. I tried a hair rig with a size 6 treble but it seemed that the large treble would spook the fish away.

tight lines & good luck fishing!

C
christanimus
worms!

brandon4455
brandon4455
got a dynamite recipie

1cup fresh crap

1cup corn

2oz of sewage juice

mesh together with white bread and you have $hitty corn bread

brandon4455
brandon4455
note: this isn't directed at bigfootfish just thought it would be funny :lol:

I
igquick
brandon4455 said:
note: this isn't directed at bigfootfish just thought it would be funny :lol:

i was thinking about that while still fishing for carp after taking a dookie right next to the bench....won't say what pond tho....