B.C. Angling Post in Gladtone...

O
Otto
So, I went to this place (BC Angling Post) this morning and decided to buy a few spinner components. Their selection was, well, OK, and I really did not find what I was looking for, but bought a few items anyways. They where just some simple things I usually use when I build spinners.

At checkout with the cashier the total was $16.15. Ok... I did not flinch at that.

UNTIL later this evening when I began building some spinners. I looked at what I bought and thought; "really, $16 for these three things?". That's when I looked at my receipt. Hmmm... They charged me $7.95 for a line item called "RETAIL S".

WTF is that? Have they charged you this fee in the past? There was no indication that this was a "wholesale only" type of place. I would call them to get an explanation on why I was charged this, yet they are closed for the weekend at this time.

Not trying to make a scene, but if they are gonna charge me $7.95 to buy a few beads and maybe some bell bodies, I will never give them my business ever again. Plus, I will make sure anyone who thinks of buying anything from them in the future aware of this "hidden"charge.

Not a good way to do business in my eyes.:mad:

B
Backtrolling
Look at their website and check the price of your items. There quality is top notch, but too expensive for me. There pre made spinners spoons are $6-9 or more

B
bernduffy
I have purchased components from them and found their prices in line with other non-online sources. I also appreciated the time and advice the fellow on duty gave me. Can't believe there is an added charge for retail. Could be an honest mistake? Please let us know how this turns out.

G
Green_Tackle
I've gotten components there and they were pretty standard stuff. I like the blades and bodies from Fisherman's Shack or R&B Lures better, but they had a descent selection and they were super, super friendly and informative.

I'll bet "RETAIL S" is just an issue with their POS and actually reflects one of the items you purchased. This stuff can add up quick. What exactly did you buy? Was any of it silver-plated?

H
hookbait
I've shopped there several times and never had any weird charges. However, like Green_Tackle says the price can sneak up pretty quick. I remember my first visit ended up setting me back about 70 bucks. Ofcourse, that was a year ago and I'm still building spinners from parts I bought that day so, it works out over time I guess.

Y
youngbuck307
I love that place any questions they always help out as much as they can. I have gone in and just got a few thing of frozen sand shrimp that are $1 and never got over charged... or over charged for anything i have gotten there