alseaalumaweld said:
mine 10 pound maxima ultra green. and pline cfx fluorocarbon

Same for me only 8 lb.

A
alseaalumaweld
why you go with 8lb? seems small to me

R
RunWithSasquatch
I love 10lb ultra green, but I use 8lb from time to time. $hits tough, and its been catching steelhead for YEARS.

A
alseaalumaweld
i dont ever go less then 10lb leader. never seen a reason to

P
plumb2fish
Why all this banter about winters, I ain't ready to quit nook fishin yet....

A
alseaalumaweld
cause im deer hunting till nov 2nd then chaseing winters. dont care about dark nooks

R
RunWithSasquatch
alseaalumaweld said:
cause im deer hunting till nov 2nd then chaseing winters. dont care about dark nooks
Theres a lot of bright fish Jake. You just dont go get them. I havent seen a dark fish landed low on the river down from me in almost 3 weeks.

A
alseaalumaweld
havent seen a dark fish landed low on the river down from me in almost 3 weeks. i find that to be a lie but. more salmon for everone. im out the door to chase deer.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Your so full of **** Jake. You havent fished since september, but you have all the info.

P
plumb2fish
I will follow the nooks south until mid december, then I will start chasing slime rockets...winters taste like mud...lol

F
Fish-N-Chips
I am going to have to give that maxima ultra green a try. seems like it is most popular among OFF anglers(probably a lot more too!!) I have not lost a fish on Stren, but have definitely lost some on the flouro.

P
plumb2fish
Might find myself in Tillymuck at least once before christmas too....have a chance at both up there....Stop in Hebo on the way up and whack an early brat then up behind the cheese factory somewhere on a "K" stream to whack a nookie....

R
RunWithSasquatch
Fish-N-Chips said:
I am going to have to give that maxima ultra green a try. seems like it is most popular among OFF anglers(probably a lot more too!!) I have not lost a fish on Stren, but have definitely lost some on the flouro.

You wont look back after you use ultra green.

M
Modest_Man
I've never really understood the fascination with UG. I tried it a couple times, wasn't that impressed. Why does everyone rave about it? Just because everyone else raves about it? I've got Stren xtra on now and I'm getting back way more of my snagged spinners than I did with Maxima UG (Look at the fatigue strength of UG in the link below).

Last edited:
R
RunWithSasquatch
Yeah I like UG because Jo Bobby likes it too...

Ive used stren, with poor results.

I guess thats why theres a big wall of line to play with at the sporting goods.

P
plumb2fish
Some people like to fish with a purple rubber-band on their rod....

P
plumb2fish
I've had good luck with Seaguar Fluorocarbon, but that shizzle is not cheap....or nec. for winters.....

R
RunWithSasquatch
plumb2fish said:
I've had good luck with Seaguar Fluorocarbon, but that shizzle is not cheap....or nec. for winters.....

I had a tough time with it. Tough time with Flourocarbon in general though. I like the idea of it. I ended up going up one full size in strength with the Seagur. And then bagged the whole thing because I caught just as many fish on mono.