Much silence!!

U
universalfishermatt
Why's everyone silent? Lol seasons not over!

C
ChezJfrey
universalfishermatt said:
Why's everyone silent? Lol seasons not over!

Over? Winter steelhead haven't really started...aren't steelies the only fish worth catching? LOL

Got the day off and gonna probably give it my first shot of the season and go try to scrounge an early one tomorrow.

U
universalfishermatt
I meant for carp lol. Winter steel is fun, when you don't have to spend time untangling someone else's line every 2 casts at your spot lol.

M
MikePierce170
I'll probably be heading out tomorrow, if the conditions are nice, for some spearing action. Little buzzards don't stand a chance :)

Last edited by a moderator:
H
hydropsyche
Knock those mutha suckers out Mike

U
universalfishermatt
I'll be hittin the water with my new ugly stick I got tonight, can't wait!

F
flocaster
Got 1 this evening but it was too dark for a pic. They were really on the feed this evening, best i've seen in a few weeks

U
universalfishermatt
Was it a little tiny one? Lol

F
flocaster
universalfishermatt said:
Was it a little tiny one? Lol

No, 13lbs lol. Back on my favorite pond...still haven't caught one under 11 lbs out of there yet!

B
burlajohnny
flocaster said:
No, 13lbs lol. Back on my favorite pond...still haven't caught one under 11 lbs out of there yet!

Which pond, if you don't mind me asking?

F
flocaster
burlajohnny said:
Which pond, if you don't mind me asking?

My secret lol. It's only about an acre or acre and a half so I like to keep it to myself, sorry!

M
MikePierce170
I went out carp killing yesterday in The Dalles. Visibility was about 6-8ft and the water temperature was 56°, not exceptional. I saw a bunch but only shot 3. The other two guys in my group shot about the same. All were in the mid to high teens.... on a real scale. Not that imaginary consistently 10 pounds off scale igquick uses. ;)

As for me I think my carping season is over. The rivers are getting colder and dirtier so I think that's it. I had a great season landing a 31 pounds monster, which could quite possibly be the Washington state record via spear. Can't wait for Spring.

Last edited:
S
Surejam
Hey MikeP,

I am thinking about trying out the carp shooting.... I have done it before (a hundred years ago!) but used a recurve.
I was meaning to ask you a while back about your Carp sticking setup. Are you still using a compound or are you using a speargun? If you are using a bow, roughly what poundage are you using? I have a couple of compound bows and thought about setting one up for carp shooting :) I just don't think I need it set to 80+ pounds for carpin.

Surejam

S
Surejam
Damn, that Cajun Sucker Punch Bow is pretty nice. 50lbs with a 60% let off would be perfect.
I also like the reel you use. I think I will shop around for a reel, and outfit one of my old school Martin Jaguar bows for fishing. If I like it, I will save for something dedicated to just fishing.

M
MikePierce170
(sigh)

I don't know why I didn't notice this before but now I'm a little pissed. Raincatcher, yes this is about you. I would really appreciate it if you'd stop being a giant vagina. I just noticed you edited one of my posts, on this thread, back on the 8th. And the reason?

I'll probably be heading out tomorrow, if the conditions are nice, for some spearing action. Little buzzards don't stand a chance :)

Last edited by Raincatcher; 11-08-2014 at 02:00 AM. Reason: major spelling error

Let me correct you. I didn't misspell the word b@stard, which you changed to buzzard. Nor was it considered a "bad word" until you just very recently added it to the list of words to be blocked out by asterisks. But now I'm forced to use alternative characters to get my point (words) across. Don't you have better things to do than moderate the word b@stard at 2am anyway? This is a seriously annoying abuse of your moderating powers. Follow the ****ing logic (yes that was the "F" word). Censoring the word(s) accomplishes what exactly? Well it keeps my eyes from burning out of my skull. WRONG. Well I don't like reading "vulgar" language. That's completely subjective, number one. Two, you're still saying the word in your head as you read the sentence. When has a block of asterisks stopped anyone from mentally filling in the blanks? Even you aren't that mentally handicapped. So again, WRONG. Well this is a family friendly forum and we'd like to keep it that way. Oh right cuz "friendly" families never say f*ck sh*t @sshole ****, etc. Some of the friendliest families I know say things like that all the time. And get this... the kids actually know better than to say those things. Crazy right? WRONG. This isn't some Mormon retreat to camp rainbows and unicorns. It's the *** ****Oregon Fishing Forum. So please (asking nicely with sprinkles on top) don't be a giant vagina and word police me. Thank you.

I'll be taking rep point from anyone who thinks MODs like this need to back the **** off. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
F
flocaster
:popcorn:

M
MikePierce170
flocaster said:

Yeah I'm just happy I didn't offend Raincatcher because all those words were censored. Could you imagine if he saw them in all their glory? BOOM! mind blown :lol:

S
Surejam
:lol: Mike, you crack me up!

B
billfisher
Wow Mike! Chill out! after reading your post I can just imagine what this forum would be like without a moderator like Raincatcher!
I've enjoyed most of your posts up until this one. And I think it will probley be you last for awhile.

M
MikePierce170
billfisher said:
Wow Mike! Chill out! after reading your post I can just imagine what this forum would be like without a moderator like Raincatcher!
I've enjoyed most of your posts up until this one. And I think it will probley be you last for awhile.

I'm perfectly chill. If you look at my history of posts here I've never had a problem. Which clearly you agree with me because you yourself said you've enjoyed most of my posts up until now. If I end up getting my account suspended I really don't care. I'm not going to participate on a forum that's baby proofed for "bad words", that's nonsense. I've moderated several forums myself. MODs are good for eliminating spam and getting rid of idiots posting irrelevant stuff, NOT word policing. It's childish to censor, of all things, the word "b@stard". Grow up.