universalfishermatt
(6lbs)
IMG_20141020_181246.jpg

(10lber)
_20141020_223645.jpg

I loved the light coloring and golden fins(16lbs)IMG_20141020_182727.jpg

First big boy of the night :)(23lber)
IMG_20141020_194658.jpg

Big boy number 2, and I do mean big boy ;)(27lber) this one was wider and girthier and I knew it was bigger than first big boy as soon as I saw it broadside me. They're munchin for winter, they had fat bellies.
IMG_20141020_202813.jpgIMG_20141020_202823.jpg

F
flocaster
Nice fish!! Way to make me jealous bro! They are most definitely strapping on the feedbags right now. I think the colder overnight temps and falling water temps are really putting them on the feed

U
universalfishermatt
Don't be jealous Lol. You'll become an expert with experience.

I wish I was an expert!

F
flocaster
Just finished cookin up a batch of super duper boilies and i'm gonna see if i can get out tomorrow to test em out! lol

U
universalfishermatt
Now you're making me jealous! Lol I have to work! And my next free day is Saturday. So sad

F
flocaster
Extra fishing time is about the only "up" side of being unemployed lol. But the boilies came out even better than i had imagined, especially considering i've never made them before. They do plump more than i expected though so they are about a 3/4 inch average diameter instead of the 1/2 inch i was shooting for. Hopefully bigger bait = bigger fish lol

Last edited:
U
universalfishermatt
That's really big.... Lol. Might even spook em , or have a hard time inhaling em

F
flocaster
They actually seem to have shrunk a little as they cooled so they aren't so bad. I'd say roughly the size of the 20mm ones sold online. Not to mention i haven't caught or seen a fish under 10lbs in this particular pond so they shouldn't have too much trouble gobbling them up lol

U
universalfishermatt
Don't smaller fish peck at it and eat it up?

F
flocaster
I have only seen a few small bass (6-8 inches) and no small carp at all. So no, not really lol. I think the immature carp spend all there time in the thick cover and only the larger fish are comfortable cruising and feeding as actively

U
universalfishermatt
So its strong and tough enough that the smaller mouths won't break it down?

F
flocaster
They are pretty rubbery so that shouldn't be a problem and i have yet to be pestered by any small fish so far

U
universalfishermatt
Ah nice. Its a different story with white bread. So much more difficult to fish. Lol. I can't wait to fish boilies and multiply my catch rate and size by 100%

F
flocaster
Besides rolling them all by hand they are incredibly easy to make. The basic recipe I used is just 1 egg to every 1 cup of whatever dry mix you are using. The dry mix should be at least 50% or so flour so they will bind well and the rest can be almost anything...cornmeal, oats, bran, etc. Boil for 2-3 mins and dry on newspaper. They will spoil so if you make a big batch you freeze the extras

U
universalfishermatt
I just make bread dough time to time. I think I'll just buy boilies at first and maybe make my own if I can find the right balance in ingredients

F
flocaster
If you can make it down here sometime we will have to try some out and see how many fish we can pick up

U
universalfishermatt
Maybe on my next day off!!! Which is Saturday Lol. Does that spot produce only when its not raining or sunny? Or cloudy?

U
universalfishermatt
Or next Monday

troutdude
troutdude
flocaster said:
Extra fishing time is about the only "up" side of being unemployed lol. But the boilies came out even better than i had imagined, especially considering i've never made them before. They do plump more than i expected though so they are about a 3/4 inch average diameter instead of the 1/2 inch i was shooting for. Hopefully bigger bait = bigger fish lol

Those aren't boilies...they're doughnut holes! LOL

Good luck.

F
flocaster
universalfishermatt said:
Maybe on my next day off!!! Which is Saturday Lol. Does that spot produce only when its not raining or sunny? Or cloudy?

It's more fun to sight fish for them when the sun is out but it seems to produce when its cloudy too. I haven't been there when it's raining yet but I think it will produce no matter the weather. As far as i can see it doesn't get fished very often and when it does get fished it's primarily for bass.

troutdude said:
Those aren't boilies...they're doughnut holes! LOL

Good luck.

LOL..They sure don't smell like donut holes!