Siuslaw jumping jacks

B
billfisher
Sunday Grandpa Ron and I decided to try our luck. We got to cushman and put in at first light and ran down to between the 29 bouy and the 101 bridge. Coho jumping everywhere you looked!
We trolled Herring with and without flashers, lures wobblers. drifted casting spinners and everything in our tackleboxes. Had 2 good hit and misses and one stick just long enough to get tangled with the other line :sad:. We only saw one fish caught the first 5 or 6 hours, then maybe 4 more. Hard to Quit fishing when they are trying to jump in your boat all day, but finally gave up at 3:30.
Went home and washed the skunk OFF (hopefully) and had some cheese for my whine!
P.S. It was a beautiful day on the coast!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
did you try below the 101 bridge? when I headed to Siltcoos about noon, there must have been a hundred boats down along the dunes below the bridge...

B
billfisher
No, we could see them but just couldn't make ourselves leave all the jumpers. I know we should have! Maybe next time.

N
n8r1
Sorry to be 'that guy' but you definitely should have gone lower. We were down by the dunes and went 3 for 8, and even though there literally were 100 boats out there, everyone of them was catching. I watched hundreds of fish caught from 7am-10am. Great day on the water despite the crowds. There were jumpers all over where we were too.

B
billfisher
n8r1 Thanks for the heads up! Glad you guys had a good trip, nice looking fish.
We were headed that way and got greedy seeing all the jumpers. Live and learn. Thanks again!

C
CoastieFlo
Yeah there is still a ton of coho in the lower river, and will be this way until we get a real significant rain event (ie several inches in couple days)