Crooked River @ Bowman Dam - Sunday AM

W
wils
A few pics of my morning. Irrigation season is drawing to a close here in Central Oregon so the rivers are loooooowwwwwww. Pink mini-rooster tail caught two. And yellow/white 'raised' a few more.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG 6.JPG7.JPG8.JPG

I'm going to try a different way to post the photos so that they are bigger. (ok, photo-posting helpers. I need help posting with URL, if possible.)

Reactions: JeannaJigs and rogerdodger
S
sapo
Beautiful trout! I need to get down there with the fly rod sometime...

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
love the scenery.

troutdude
troutdude
Great pics!

And one fish even hit the time-tested, mossback lure!

Irishrover
Irishrover
Soon I might have to set down the salmon rod and venture over there. I like fishing that piece of water and really enjoy mile post 17 to 18 the best. When you are standing in the river looking up at those rugged rock cliffs it can make you feel a little small.

J
JeannaJigs
Irishrover said:
Soon I might have to set down the salmon rod and venture over there. I like fishing that piece of water and really enjoy mile post 17 to 18 the best. When you are standing in the river looking up at those rugged rock cliffs it can make you feel a little small.

I agree, that's one of my favorite stretches. I love that little river, it is my favorite trout stream to camp on for a couple days at a time. I usually head over there after Salmon wind down, before steelhead pick up, sometime the begining of December. It's miserable cold, but there's no snakes out! I'll see you soon, crooked river.

Irishrover
Irishrover
No snakes in the cold!!!! Now that's what I had in mind too. Last time I was over there I was sharing the trail with one of those rattlers. I let him go on ahead of me.