Coho rivers with little pressure?

S
sapo
I really enjoy salmon fishing, especially coho fishing, however I have found that around this time of year there aren't many places to go where I can fish a hole without it being shoulder to shoulder, or close to that. I like to fish in solitude (or near that, a couple people at a hole isn't bad), but I haven't been able to find a river that isn't crowded. Is there anywhere I can go in the next couple weeks or month for coho that I won't be fishing with many other people? Any rivers/streams that have good late runs, or something? Any help is appreciated, I'm not very experienced when it comes to salmon fishing. Thanks!

O
OnTheDrop
Well, there's a handful of rivers that dont get much pressure, and there's a reason why...

With that said, over the next few weeks pressure will die down substantially and you will have more solitude on some coastal rivers where Coho are present. Many rivers have fresh ones coming in all November..

Good luck,

S
sapo
Thanks!

C
CoastieFlo
Very very true.......you can get high teens even low 20s ho's in November sometimes....

SteelmonKiller20 said:
Well, there's a handful of rivers that dont get much pressure, and there's a reason why...

With that said, over the next few weeks pressure will die down substantially and you will have more solitude on some coastal rivers where Coho are present. Many rivers have fresh ones coming in all November..

Good luck,

H
halibuthitman
Rivers without a hatchery run are the quietest, and quite often have stray hatchery fish in them. There is actually a lot of lonely water out there, but it takes a lot of time to find it-

A
adamg
halibuthitman said:
Rivers without a hatchery run are the quietest, and quite often have stray hatchery fish in them. There is actually a lot of lonely water out there, but it takes a lot of time to find it-

Aren't those types of rivers typically closed to salmon/steelhead?

S
SmallStreams
adamg said:

Read the regs. You'll find streams where hatchery coho are not released (most streams) are still open for wild chinook. The difference is you'll catch & release a dozen or two dozen wild coho before you catch a hatchery coho.

C
cddunn
SmallStreams said:
Read the regs. You'll find streams where hatchery coho are not released (most streams) are still open for wild chinook. The difference is you'll catch & release a dozen or two dozen wild coho before you catch a hatchery coho.

I'm OK with that :)

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
adamg said:

the short answer is no. along the Oregon Coast, expecially central, the vast majority of the salmon we are fishing for and retaining are wild. Our runs are strong and spawning beds are getting 'fully seeded'...Steelhead are a different story, open for fishing but mostly C&R for wild steelhead, a few rivers now have a 1/day:3/year retention...cheers, roger