I know its late in the season

F
fish4life14
i was wondering if yall know of any trout lakes that are still open and that havent closed yet...im pretty sure hagg and north fork is closed and or will be pretty and the fishing will be pretty bad right now.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Detroit Lake is open year around. There are numerous access points, including atop the dam.

T
TimberTodd
As of this last spring Hagg lake is open year round.

B
Big3d
You have through the end of the month for all the lakes in the area. Hagg might even be open a bit longer. Lots of lakes are year round fishing with streams and rivers closing oct. 31st. Try Lost lake off of lower nehalem rd.

troutdude
troutdude
TimberTodd said:
As of this last spring Hagg lake is open year round.

^^^ That's your closet and best bet. Work your way along the dam, for smallies and for recently stocked trout.

M
montym
Not too sure if Hagg is open year round. I asked a few days back while buying a parking ticket at the booth, the gentleman said it is still not official.

troutdude
troutdude
There was much discussion earlier this year; about a year 'round season. But, I haven't seen anything to confirm an actual decision. The ODFW reg books, however, specifies that Hagg is OPEN through November 23rd (the Sunday prior to Thanksgiving, which has been the standard for years). I also checked ODFW's "regulation updates" online. There is no mention, of any change or amendment. I'd highly recommend that you call ODFW, if you want to fish past 11/23.

B
bernduffy
Hagg will NOT be open year round this year. Closes Nov 23. They'd like to keep it open, but the game regulators are concerned about elk herd winter habitat. That's straight from a ODFW ranger. In the meantime, get on it: great trout fishing to be had. Also: Same ranger had a report of a 7 lb bass last week. That's a fish and a half!

M
montym
On my way back, wife and I limited out in a couple on hours even after releasing 5 or 6. Some of them are bigger than what I get from the bank usually. The biggest one put up a great show jumping a few times but landed him. Another did better and got off. Never saw that from a trout before.

Cheers
M